Horse Sex (SFW)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Look - I feel bad for a hurt horse as much as the next guy, but this article is just hilarious given all the euphemisms they're using to explain how horses get their nasty on:http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...mplate=printartFuture as stallion also uncertainSome question whether leg could support processBy Gregory A. Hall[email]ghall@courier-journal.com[/email]The Courier-JournalIf Kentucky Derby champion Barbaro survives his recuperation, breeders and industry officials are hoping he will have a long and prosperous career as a stallion.But opinions vary about the chances for that hope to become reality because of the nature of the injuries that Barbaro suffered to his right hind leg in Saturday's Preakness Stakes."I would be surprised if this horse would be capable of breeding," said Michael A. Spirito, a veterinary surgeon with Hagyard Equine Medical Institute in Lexington, Ky. "But stranger things have happened. It's possible."Unlike some other breeds, the rules of thoroughbred horse racing ban artificial insemination; the stallion must cover the mare. As such, a stallion puts most of his weight on his hind legs during breeding.Larry Bramlage, a surgeon with the Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, said he believes Barbaro will be able to perform as a stallion -- if he survives the recovery."This is probably all or none," Bramlage said.Bramlage said the odds are "pretty small" that Barbaro would be unable to cover mares, assuming his leg heals."Once he can be trusted to run in the field uninhibited, he can probably be trusted to breed broodmares," Bramlage said.Doug Byars, a veterinarian formerly with the Hagyard clinic, said Barbaro's ability would be a question mark."The hind limbs are stress points during the breeding process," he said. "It's just the opposite of every other phase of their life" when the weight is concentrated on the front legs.If the bone fuses properly, though, Byars said Barbaro might be able to cover the mares.Even if he can't perform as a stallion, Byars said Barbaro could run pain-free in a pasture."He's earned that privilege," he said.The most successful stallion recovery may be the 1987 recuperation of Nureyev at the Hagyard clinic. The stallion broke his right rear leg near the hock, which is higher on the leg than the location of Barbaro's injuries.After a lengthy recovery process, Nureyev went back to his stallion duties before his death in 2001.If Barbaro does reach the breeding shed, his value could be immense if he is syndicated by owners Roy and Gretchen Jackson.Barbaro would be "as exciting a stallion prospect as you could want," said Bill Landes, the general manager at Hermitage Farm in Goshen, Ky.Smarty Jones, the 2004 Derby and Preakness winner, was syndicated for $39 million. War Emblem, the 2002 Derby and Preakness winner, was syndicated for $17 million.The syndication of 2000 Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus, whose breeding included Mr. Prospector and Danzig, reportedly was a record $60 million, although the exact price wasn't disclosed.Barbaro, a son of Dynaformer out of La Ville Rouge, combines two bloodlines that appear in the pedigrees of multiple Derby winners -- Hail to Reason on his sire side and Mr. Prospector on his dam side.Before Saturday, Barbaro was undefeated, having won graded stakes on dirt and turf, including two Grade I races.John Sikura, president of Hill 'n' Dale Farm in Lexington, said it's too early in the recovery process to estimate what Barbaro might be worth for the breeding shed."I would think all those levels of interest would be on hold right now," he said, but the horse would have "significant value" because of his ability on turf and dirt.Gregory A. Hall can be reached at (502) 582-4087.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

"syndication"

I'd cover.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

"stallion duties"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    reach the breeding shed

• yeah man, horse cum gets paper

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yeah man, horse cum gets paper

How come this quote wasn't in the piece?

• nah thats my own take on the subject. one of the high profile football managers in the UK (I won't bore you with the details as you won't know who he is) had a high profile court case over who had the rights to the cum of one of the horses he owns...I believe "stud rights" is the correct term.... but anyway the long and short of it is that he had to pay something like ??20 odd million as compensation to the co-owner....

I've just researched this a bit more and HE was compensated around ??3 million for the rights.

Still thats a lot of money for some "sticky white love piss"

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    yeah man, horse cum gets paper

About a year ago I was picking up my checked bag after a flight got cancelled at Laguardia and, since a lot of flights got cancelled that day, there were dozens of unclaimed, unattended bags sitting along the wall. With the bags was a box from what I recognized at the time to be George Steinbrenner's farm labeled something along the lines of "Handle With Care: Contains Horse Semen". I knew the contents was easily worth thousands if not tens+, since Steinbrenner holds some weight in horse racing as well. I debated for a while whether to grab the box, but decided against it. Mostly I just wanted to have a box printed with a label saying it contained horse semen, since I doubted I would be able to find a contact in the underworld of black market semen sales to get any money for the contents.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    The very title of this thread makes it NSFW