I've killed 4 of these tonight

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
One with a shovel.

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

for real? where do you live? i've lived in tucson, az, for about a year, and i still haven't seen one of those little bastards. have you gotten stung by one before?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm in Palm Springs and no, I haven't been stung by one (knock on pressed wood). I heard it's not life threatening but I don't want to find out. I'm just trying to keep em out of the house. One of these fools was like 5 1/2 inches long (with the tail laid out)! Fuck. all. that.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I'm in Palm Springs and no, I haven't been stung by one (knock on pressed wood). I heard it's not life threatening but I don't want to find out. I'm just trying to keep em out of the house. One of these fools was like 5 1/2 inches long (with the tail laid out)! Fuck. all. that.

yeah dude, fuck all that. you need to get some fucking mongoose or something in your house to kill all those fuckers.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Bro,

Photos.

get it? ... because you were killin... ahhh forget it.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    ewwww sick

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    oh hell no. 4 in one night? thats a god damned invasion.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Bro,

Photos.

get it? ... because you were killin... ahhh forget it.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

shake out your shoes, brother!

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man fuck scorpions, yeah it's not life threatening but that shit fucking hurts like a motherfucker. I got stung in the temple in my own fucking bed and my face felt like it was on fire. At the hospital they wouldn't give me the antivenom unless I was going to die so instead I got a bunch of painkillers as the neuro toxin went to work and my body went numb as fuck. I couldn't read shit because everything kept vibrating and shit.

Calling pest control is worthless. If you spray the scorpion dead on it will walk around for two hours before it dies. spraying the house won't do shit all you can do is kill off what they are looking for. In my case since it crawled into my bed I had to put glass jars on my bedpost since they can't climb up glass.

• shit, man...

fuck.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I got stung in the temple in my own fucking bed and my face felt like it was on fire.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    man fuck scorpions, yeah it's not life threatening but that shit fucking hurts like a motherfucker. I got stung in the temple in my own fucking bed and my face felt like it was on fire. At the hospital they wouldn't give me the antivenom unless I was going to die so instead I got a bunch of painkillers as the neuro toxin went to work and my body went numb as fuck. I couldn't read shit because everything kept vibrating and shit.

Calling pest control is worthless. If you spray the scorpion dead on it will walk around for two hours before it dies. spraying the house won't do shit all you can do is kill off what they are looking for. In my case since it crawled into my bed I had to put glass jars on my bedpost since they can't climb up glass.

I would never sleep again.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I had to put glass jars on my bedpost since they can't climb up glass.

realer than real

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Day, Plaese to be careful! Scorpions are a little scary!

• sergserg 682 Posts

realer than real

yeah that shit worked until I came home drunk one night and jumped into bed which resulted in the glasses shattering. 3 months later I got stung in the foot. It was nowhere near as bad as when I got it in the head. I still had some painkillers so I tossed a few back and was ok for the most part. my foot felt like it was asleep most of the day but the burning pain didn't go down so I was cool.

when I got stung in the head the pain was so bad that I began to punch myself in the face just so that I would feel something else.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    When I lived in AZ I would see these alot.

The bigger the better. The small small ones are the ones with a stronger sting.

Also came across a rattler, tarantula, coyotes, havalina (Which are really fucking scary) and a wild cow (Which was pretty freaky)

But dude, havalinas ain't nothing to fuck with!

Yo Serg: I'm assuming this isn't SF you're talking about, right? What city was this?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    What happens if you get bit by one of these?

What happens if you get bit by one of these?

Technically, you get stung, not bit since it's the tail stinger that puts the hurt on you.

http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/insects/az1223/

"Scorpions fluoresce or glow under ultra-violate light so they are easy to find with the aid of a black light during the night. Nighttime scorpion hunting is a lot of fun but make sure that you wear high-top boots and have long tongs if you want to capture the scorpions to move them."

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
    I still think those bastards are from outer space. They glow under a black light, and they've been around forever.

I got stung by a baby and to be honest with ya it felt no worse than a little pinch which itched for a few hours afterwards. Ive always heard the little ones are worse but I think that is not exactly true.

Another time I killed one in our kitchen and I didn't dispose of it. Later that night I get home from work and the dead scorpion is on my mouse pad!

Roommates thought it was pretty damn funny.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Apropos for the return of the camel spider?

(note: the spider isn't actually as big as it looks in this photo. Still, they look scary as fuck)

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    I heard it's not life threatening but I don't want to find out.

You've never seen that James Bond film then, when the two killers put the scorpion down the mans shirt then. Not only do you die, you die in an extremly, theatrical, over the top way.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

realer than real

yeah that shit worked until I came home drunk one night and jumped into bed which resulted in the glasses shattering. 3 months later I got stung in the foot. It was nowhere near as bad as when I got it in the head. I still had some painkillers so I tossed a few back and was ok for the most part. my foot felt like it was asleep most of the day but the burning pain didn't go down so I was cool.

when I got stung in the head the pain was so bad that I began to punch myself in the face just so that I would feel something else.

you have just been picked for my "who do you want on your team when the shit goes down" team.

goddamn.

i remember back in '95 i was on a kibbutz in Israel and we used to flip rocks over and fuck with the scorpions, but we had big long sticks, you had your face...

• thropethrope 750 Posts

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
    After I got stung I did a little research.

The most common scorpion found in AZ homes, The Bark Scorpion, is the ONLY scorpion that can climb walls, even CEILINGS! And its the only scorpion that can sting sideways and downwards.

And its the most venomous scorpion in the US.

Sleep tight, AZ folls.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

One with a shovel.

my pops lives out in the tx hillcountry and one night when i was staying out there i left my pants on the floor. in the morning when i put them on i discovered that one of those bastards had decided to hole up in my right front pocket for the night. no sooner had i pulled them on then he stuck me about one inch from my tender bits, scaring the living shit out of me. i put my pants on top of a bookshelf when i go out there now. those guys hurt.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I still think those bastards are from outer space. They glow under a black light, and they've been around forever.

I got stung by a baby and to be honest with ya it felt no worse than a little pinch which itched for a few hours afterwards. Ive always heard the little ones are worse but I think that is not exactly true.

Another time I killed one in our kitchen and I didn't dispose of it. Later that night I get home from work and the dead scorpion is on my mouse pad!

Roommates thought it was pretty damn funny.

I got stung twice in Mali (same toe different times) - first one was like a bad bee sting, second one had me shaking and feeling seriously sick for hours. It's not the size so much as the species. Little brown muthas to be avoided at all costs whereas big black ones...hmmm, actually no avoid them too... Got stung by a millipede too. Now that really fuckin' hurt.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Yo Serg: I'm assuming this isn't SF you're talking about, right? What city was this?

yeah this went down in north Phoenix. my parents live up around some of the mountain perserves. They get coyotes and shit up around there. Every once in a while come across a snake. One time I caught a rattle snake with an empty dogfood bag. It didn't rattle and I didn't notice it was a rattle snake until I went to grab the bag later and the snake had gotten out. That bastard coiled up with a quickness and I just fell back and let him be.

But dude, havalinas ain't nothing to fuck with!

those fuckers are crazy. I had a couple charge me when I was working on a ranch in wilcox, arizona. I ran for the nearest fence.