Jandek? (PPRR)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Found this weird as hell private 90s thang sealed in my local. Papped it open and it's weird garagey kinda 90s vanity-style rock. One track is the whole side 2 and the shit is bordering on 'so-terrible-it's-good' type steeze. Anyone know anything about this dude? He's from Houston it seems.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Ok so there's a million sites about this guy. But who can I sell this record to for stupid money?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

"touche salesman"

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    "this guy" is one of my all time favorite artists. i would hardly define it as "so-bad-it's-good", in fact i would say it's the exact kind of music i like to listen to: raw, honest, emotional and thought out. but yeah, ebay that shit and you can get around 40-50 dollars no problem.

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    "this guy" is one of my all time favorite artists. i would hardly define it as "so-bad-it's-good", in fact i would say it's the exact kind of music i like to listen to: raw, honest, emotional and thought out. but yeah, ebay that shit and you can get around 40-50 dollars no problem.

b

I wish i could find Jandek lp's in the wild, anyone see the documenary that got made about him?
    it floated around the uk a year or so ago, but i couldn't make it to any of the cities to see it.

I wish i could find Jandek lp's in the wild, anyone see the documenary that got made about him?
    it floated around the uk a year or so ago, but i couldn't make it to any of the cities to see it.

yeah, i really hope for the day i stumble upon a box of unopened jandek lps dropped off at salvation army, but somehow i don't think that's going to happen. i don't know where the original poster is from, but yeah, most of the people who had jandek records a) knew what they were b) threw them away a long time ago or c) were radio stations.

re: the documentary, i saw it on dvd and it was ok. there's nothing new in the documentary that hasn't been revealed before (like on seth tisue's website), only it's being broadcasted to a larger audience. the most interesting part is during the end they play an actual phone conversation with sterling r. smith.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

A well known fact about finding the Jandek LPs out in the real world is to check local university/college radio stations, as many of the LPs were distributed to these back in the day. Good luck!

A well known fact about finding the Jandek LPs out in the real world is to check local university/college radio stations, as many of the LPs were distributed to these back in the day. Good luck!

yeah, and what's good is that college radio stations are really easy to steal from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    There was stock available on a lot of Jandek LPs up until a few years ago

Now every single title can be picked up on disc for CHEAP

Dude basically invented the entire Drag City aesthetic & sound

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    There was stock available on a lot of Jandek LPs up until a few years ago

Now every single title can be picked up on disc for CHEAP

Dude basically invented the entire Drag City aesthetic & sound

Very true. Dude wasn't afraid to repress.

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts

Jandek On Corwood (Chad Friedrichs). If youre down with Bittorrent you can catch it over at http://karagarga.kicks-ass.org

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

yeah, and what's good is that college radio stations are really easy to steal from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exhibit A:

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Exhibit A:

^^^ Purchased from the KSDT radio station sale.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's a well traveled lp then.

Exhibit A:

^^^ Purchased from the KSDT radio station sale.

...as a ucsd alumni...

ksdt had jandek records whaaaaaaatttttt??>??????????????????