Montreal Strut?

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
i'm going to montreal for the weekend and was wondering are there any record stores that are worth checking for jazz/funk/psych or is everything pretty much tapped out?

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    i'm going to montreal for the weekend and was wondering are there any record stores that are worth checking for jazz/funk/psych or is everything pretty much tapped out?

Montreal is NOT like it used to be. The stores know what they are carrying these days but from my experience (last year) the shops still had some quality titles just at high prices. Check Primitive, POP SHOP, Beatnik.... R.I.P. Disquevel & Danno

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    disquivel used to be the spot...

• i'm going to montreal for the weekend and was wondering are there any record stores that are worth checking for jazz/funk/psych or is everything pretty much tapped out?

You should pm "pcmr" for more info, he knows quite a few places. However, I know theres a joint at the corner of the street I live called "Encore", they got stacks of records. And theres another place next to my uni called "Cheap Thrills"...

If your real serious start with Cheap Thrills, its between Sherbrooke and De Maisonneuve on University street or the one right next to it. Encore is at corner of Harvard and De Maisonneuve...

You should pm pcmr like I said...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    theres a few spots on St-Denis street. one or 2 on Mont Royal. A simple google search will get you the digits. i dont know how it is in Vancity but prices down here are fairly high. I suggest you dig for some dope french records while your here. Enjoy your stay man and dont forget to hit up a smoke meat jawn

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    thanks i will try to get in touch. i used to go to mcgill and i know all the old spots. last time i was there, it was two years ago and cheap thrills had been picked bone dry.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah i try to not go to cheap thrills too often just for the simple fact that everytime i go after its been a while i find mad stuff. If i go often always end up with nada.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    holler at waylan smithers to fill all the gaps in your barbie doll collection.