D-Train (Turntablelab Review Related)

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I'm bored (1 hour left) and I thought this shit was hilarious
I've come to take my awesomely expansive music knowledge for granted. At MTV you'd figure everyone would know everything about all types of music. Actually, the opposite is true. I've got 19 year old interns who have never even heard of Depeche... expand review Mode. God almighty! There's no intriguing conversations as to Belle & Sebastian VS Orange Juice or what have you, just constant freaking out about not messing up and making sure the right people get CC'd on the email. Anyways, the point is that I'd be very surprised if anyone I work with knows or has ever even heard D-Train's "You're The One For Me(1)." Dudes are all on Matisyahu's circumcised penis because he gets play 24-7 on MTV. Why? The answer rhymes with "He's Ewish." However, anyone who's ever been to a club or has invested even a cursory amount of time in finding out about disco realizes that D-Train's biggest song is their biggest for a reason. That reason is that it is awesome. Deafening synth disco is about the most uplifting music in the world, especially when it's sung by a soulful black guy. Lloyd, Kevin and I have a running joke that the first line of the song is "bust a note on a cloud and shout out loud, you're the one for me." I know the real lyrics are only a google search away, but on this one, I prefer fiction. Please buy this and play it on a good system. Includes instrumental. -the Woodman

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i was more entertained by this one:

It's rare to see the kind of totally universal, across-the-board buzz for an album that St. Elsewhere has gotten. Hipsters and backpackers, British kids and old-timey magazine editors alike ??? everyone's got a hard-on for Gnarls Barkley, and it's not hard to see why.

Oh, Chris Lemon Red, you are a jokester of Bob_Bannisterian proportions!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

It's rare to see the kind of totally universal, across-the-board buzz for an album that St. Elsewhere has gotten. Hipsters and backpackers, British kids and old-timey magazine editors alike ??? everyone's got a hard-on for Gnarls Barkley, and it's not hard to see why.

Man I was reading the SF chronicle and some "dude" almost put the exact same quote in a review for it.

I read an interview with the Cee-LO in XLR8R; and as much I hate to admit it, i'm mildly curious to peep it out now.

• Loc: Mike 26 Hun'ded

AYO!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm bored (1 hour left) and I thought this shit was hilarious

I've come to take my awesomely expansive music knowledge for granted. At MTV you'd figure everyone would know everything about all types of music. Actually, the opposite is true. I've got 19 year old interns who have never even heard of Depeche... expand review Mode. God almighty! There's no intriguing conversations as to Belle & Sebastian VS Orange Juice or what have you, just constant freaking out about not messing up and making sure the right people get CC'd on the email. Anyways, the point is that I'd be very surprised if anyone I work with knows or has ever even heard D-Train's "You're The One For Me(1)." Dudes are all on Matisyahu's circumcised penis because he gets play 24-7 on MTV. Why? The answer rhymes with "He's Ewish." However, anyone who's ever been to a club or has invested even a cursory amount of time in finding out about disco realizes that D-Train's biggest song is their biggest for a reason. That reason is that it is awesome. Deafening synth disco is about the most uplifting music in the world, especially when it's sung by a soulful black guy. Lloyd, Kevin and I have a running joke that the first line of the song is "bust a note on a cloud and shout out loud, you're the one for me." I know the real lyrics are only a google search away, but on this one, I prefer fiction. Please buy this and play it on a good system. Includes instrumental. -the Woodman

Exile fcuking murders that song on his new album.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Why is that cheerleader even on the team? I thought hatt was basically what they were selling over there?

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Is Bob Bannister now ging by the name "the mgmnt"? Cause the mgmnt is seriously biting his style.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Why is that cheerleader even on the team? I thought hatt was basically what they were selling over there?

How else would I know that the new e-40 single is, indeed, yet another slice of the bay area hyphy sound that we've grown to love?