Baby dumpings

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Records don't mean as much to me anymore, with my baby boy coming soon. I'm getting rid of all kinds of my records these days. I'm feeling the "nesting" syndrome. Did you SS record collectin daddys do the same before your seedlings were born?300 LPs coming to Ebay within a week... beleedat.

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Baby Meatyogre, 2024, age 18:

"So you sold _______, _________, and __________ right before I was born? Fuck. Nice work dad. (muttering) What a dumbass." (icegrills and asks for carkeys before sulking off)

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Baby Meatyogre, 2024, age 18:

"So you sold _______, _________, and __________ right before I was born? Fuck. Nice work dad. (muttering) What a dumbass." (icegrills and asks for carkeys before sulking off)

Meatyogre, age 40: "get to diggin'...... you never know what you might find out there"

baby meat: "but dad, i don't want to dig anymo..."

Meatyogre: "shut your whiny ass up and get to diggin!!"... lies back on sofa, reaps the rewards.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

300 LPs coming to mE within a week... beleedat.

call me

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Records don't mean as much to me anymore.. Did you SS record collectin daddys do the same before your seedlings were born?

I didnt sell a whole lot but the spending slowed way down... and never really increased again...

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

yes! baby due in exactly one month--and a have about three crates worth of stuff to be bagged and tagged, making way for the changing table.

the home improvement skills, on the other hand, have skyrocketed since october--so i got that going for me at least.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I haven't mentioned it, but I'm in the same boat - wife is 3 months pregnant and I have to start thinking about clearing out the spare room (where the LPs are) to make way for the baby....and probably just gonna ebay half of the records by the end of the summer.......

• djcommiedjcommie 31 Posts

Baby dumpings?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I didn't purge, but I did slow waaaaayyyyy down on the purchases....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Congrats mr meaty (and all other expectant dads)

yeah, before Jack was born, i did a 1/2 hearted clean out, and i have to say, since the wee fella has been in our lives, digging is just not as regular, space is most definatly an issue in our apartment so i have been scaleing the collection right down.

Bro i have only one piece of advice to offer, and heed it well.

GET SOME SLEEP NOW.

because soon enough you wont even remember what it was like.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Records don't mean as much to me anymore, with my baby boy coming soon. I'm getting rid of all kinds of my records these days. I'm feeling the "nesting" syndrome.

Did you SS record collectin daddys do the same before your seedlings were born?

300 LPs coming to Ebay within a week... beleedat.

Why sell? If it's for money I understand but you can always make space for a record collection. One or two Ikea shelves doesn't take up THAT much space.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Records don't mean as much to me anymore, with my baby boy coming soon. I'm getting rid of all kinds of my records these days. I'm feeling the "nesting" syndrome.

Did you SS record collectin daddys do the same before your seedlings were born?

300 LPs coming to Ebay within a week... beleedat.

Why sell? If it's for money I understand but you can always make space for a record collection. One or two Ikea shelves doesn't take up THAT much space.

Disconnected from fatherhood.

(ah, I've always wanted to do that to someone)

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    One or two control records[/b] don't take up THAT much space.

Ah, the answer:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    One or two control records[/b] don't take up THAT much space.

Ah, the answer:

Who's got time to digitize?