One-Hit Wonder Producers

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Hey,I was listening to "Looks Like a Job For..." by Big Daddy Kane (don't ask why?), but I heard the song "Give it to Me" on there produced by Mister Cee. I've never known Cee to make a lot of beats, but the joint was dope. Another one I can think of is "Respect Mine" by Fat Joe (produced by Joe Fatal). Can you think of any other producers not known for many beats, but slipped in a few bangers?Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• can`t speak for cee but i heard fatal 'ghost'produced a lot of bangers from way back.mainly during his time with marley..

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Guy named Knobody produced "Can't Knock The Hustle" by Jay-Z and "Still Not A Player" by Big Pun. You'd figure someone who produced 2 relatively big hits would be able to land a few more gigs off those songs.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "tried by 12" guy

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    [rawkus deadstock]Shawn J. Period[/b][/rawkus deadstock]

Whatever happened to that guy?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

God.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

God.

In all fairness, that dude made some decent beats. Believe it or not, I never really got into the whole RAWKUS thing tho. I think I own maybe 3 records.

God.

In all fairness, that dude made some decent beats. Believe it or not, I never really got into the whole RAWKUS thing tho. I think I own maybe 3 records.

This would be my opinion too. The deadstock thing was a joke relating to the now absent Planet.
    Why the knee-jerk , Noz? Doesn't SJP fit the thread topic?

"Oh my god! Did he just like, mention something aboot Rawkus? That is just sooo faux pas."

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Guy named Knobody produced "Can't Knock The Hustle" by Jay-Z and "Still Not A Player" by Big Pun. You'd figure someone who produced 2 relatively big hits would be able to land a few more gigs off those songs.

You missed out on the big punchline. Let's try this again:

Guy named Knobody produced "Can't Knock The Hustle" by Jay-Z and "Still Not A Player" by Big Pun. You'd figure someone who produced 2 relatively large hits would be a BIG Knobody.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

God.

This would be my opinion too. The deadstock thing was a joke relating to the now absent Planet.
    Why the knee-jerk , Noz? Doesn't SJP fit the thread topic?

"Oh my god! Did he just like, mention something aboot Rawkus? That is just sooo faux pas."
    What Noz was saying is that Shawn J. Period is deep into religion now and that he has almost completely left the music industry.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    is that Shawn J. Period is deep into religion now and that he has almost completely left the music industry.

Actually he made a comeback earlier this year with a new 12". Gilles Peterson has been playing it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Fuck Gilles Peterson.

What Noz was saying is that Shawn J. Period is deep into religion now and that he has almost completely left the music industry.

Ah, duly noted. Sorry, Noz. The briefness and ambiguity of your reply made me think that you were being cheeky . Thanks for elaborating, slurg.

Continue???

• "tried by 12" guy

btw, who made that beat? I don't seem to remember..but always liked the track a lot (the instrumental that is)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I disagree. Shawn J. was very productive for a few years (e.g., "The Body Rock", a lot of tracks on "That's Them", "Gravity", etc.). I'm talking cats that made a bit or two that was solid, but do not get a lot of tracks on CDs.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    How about Chilly D, who produced ???Another Night In The Bronx??? for Donald D in 89 and didn't do anything for 4 years until Fat Joe's ???Another Wild Nigger From The Bronx???.

Now that I think about it, those weren't really hits...