European Soulstrut Meeting THIS SUMMER

13»

Comments

• teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
    I got boneyMs ..

will we be able/required to bring records to spin at the club?

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
    BonieM's suck but M&Ms are my favorite candies

will we be able/required to bring records to spin at the club?

I have really no idea what it will be,
    I have to talk to the other half of Disco Diamant to really answer that one.

On one hand I want to keep it open, hear all you guys music,
    on the other hand I know that to many hands on the weels are not good in a party

Lemme think forth & back on this topic again.

SC

Cool Scope. Please let us know how to get there by car.

Euro Strutters who are interested in a field trip after the meeting, feel free to contact me.

OK,
    I think best and most convenient is to use a web service like

www.mapquest.com

For the location in cologne just type something like:
    Cologne as city (obviously) and for the street "Deutzer Freiheit" ZIP can left blank.
    I choose this adress, because this is near to the youth hostel and to the BBQ spot that I stated...

Best greetings from super sunny Cologne,

Scoper

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    So who's going?

I don't know yet. Can't decide on it before Friday.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    bump...

you're all on vactaion, right?

• Well I have the time off work and the ?? to do this so I'm there.

All I need to do is find out wether your doing the road trip to frankfurt or not as this will decided my hotel and flight plans.... When will you know if this is happening or not?

If that doesn't happen then I will probably fly back Tuesday or Wedenesday but I don't want to be on my lonesome in Frankfurt for 2-3 days

ya smell me?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Damn it, I wanted to go, but a month ago I received an unexpected 2004 tax bill that made travelling anywhere this summer absolutely impossible. I'm flat broke now.

Eat my tofuwurst, %&???/#* taxman!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Well I have the time off work and the ?? to do this so I'm there.

All I need to do is find out wether your doing the road trip to frankfurt or not as this will decided my hotel and flight plans.... When will you know if this is happening or not?

If that doesn't happen then I will probably fly back Tuesday or Wedenesday but I don't want to be on my lonesome in Frankfurt for 2-3 days

ya smell me?

i wrote an email to you. i need to know if it's worth going to cologne. i mean, if we're only like 4 people, i don't wanna go. it would be way too expensive and time consuming to drive all the way to cologne for that. i need to check my financial status anyways. i can't decide anything before Friday (payday).

field trip will definitely end in frankfurt. that's where i want to go. i'll keep you updated. check your emails.

if you want to know where the cities i mentioned are, check www.viamichelin.com
    there are many nice cities between cologne and frankfurt. most of them are worth a visit to check for records.

• I'm going to book my hotel & flights on the weekend anyways....

And another thing, if I buy too many records I may have to leave them with someone to post back to me (all expenses paid and then some of course!)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'm going to book my hotel & flights on the weekend anyways....

And another thing, if I buy too many records I may have to leave them with someone to post back to me (all expenses paid and then some of course!)

would be no problem!
    although it is kinda difficult to find that many good records in Germany.

• although it is kinda difficult to find good record in Germany.

we shall see......

Anyone up for doing something (anything!) on the monday & tuesday?

If not and if grope doesn't decide to do his road trip, then I might as well fuck off monday evening....

!!!! BE READY FOR SSEM 2006 !!!!

Cool, could please anyone spread the word, the banner and the info from this thread to all it may concern!

Thanks,

SSEM2006

PEACE!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    if I buy too many records I may have to leave them with someone to post back to me (all expenses paid and then some of course!)

Ahem. I believe you said not too long ago that you weren't gonna be buying anymore records for a while?

• off ebay.....

I might buy a few things here and there off other collectors, but ebay is officially over

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    off ebay.....

I might buy a few things here and there off other collectors, but ebay is officially over

private dealers on-hand...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    So who's going?

I don't know yet. Can't decide on it before Friday.

oh wow! not all at once! you're scaring me!

be there or you're soft (most of you are soft already for not replying). ice-ice babies!

Hi fellow strutters,

Im happy to announce:
    [color:red]The SOUL STRUT European Meeting 2006[/b][/color]

Will take place on the:
    [color:red]4-6 August 2006 in Cologne Germany[/b][/color]

The quick outline is:
    [color:red]Clubnight, BBQ & Swapmeet, Diggin Tour[/b][/color]

The long form:

[color:red]SSEM2006 Schedule:[/b][/color]

- Friday daytime as early as you want : Check in or just build up your tent, do some record shopping, etc...
    - Friday night from 11pm to Cat Stevens (morning has broken): Disco Diamant vs. The Euro Strutters
    - Saturday like De La says: Record Shopping (dry out my city you thirsty leeches)
    till 6pm from then on official Euro Strutters BBQ and fantastic romantic candlelight swapmeet at the riversite :-)
    - Sunday: Recover from record nerding burnout syndrome and hangover (aspirins will
    NOT be provided by the organizing team!!!) breakfast, eventually a Cologne Brewery
    research? leave homewards!

Things that will be organized:
    - Special club fee for ESS-PPL on friday night
    - BBQ Spot and BBQ equipment, drinks will be sold cheap
    - music for the BBQ swapmeet
    - guided record diggin tour

Things that will NOT be organized:
    - place to crash (sleep)
    - BBQ food (supermarkets are open till 8pm on sat, get yusself wut you like)
    - portable record playas for the diggin tour
    - ESSM06 Tee's and other cheese or memoriabilia

[color:red]If you know you will come or you need any further info just PM me over the board.[/b][/color]

[color:red]Please promote the event on all available channels, spreading all this info using cut&paste or this PDF here.[/b][/color]
    Or use this fancy Selected Sound polished flash-banner:
    http://www.scope45.com/SSEM2006BANNER.swf

[color:red]Clubnight will feature Soul Strut DJs versus Disco Diamant in wild mix from 11pm to 1am,
    from then on Disco Diamant will play for all strutters and guests.[/b][/color]

This is the local flyer for the clubnight (in german...)

[color:red]This links might be helpfull if you plan to come over:[/b][/color]

[color:red]Find your way through the jungle to Cologne:[/b][/color]
    http://www.mapquest.com/
    http://www.viamichelin.com/

[color:red]For the location in cologne just type something like:[/b][/color]
    Cologne as city (obviously) and for the street "Deutzer Freiheit" ZIP can left blank.
    I choose this adress, because this is near to the youth hostel and to the BBQ spot that I stated...

[color:red]Find a place to crash here:[/b][/color]
    http://www.hostelworld.com/
    http://www.djh-rheinland.org/jh/koeln-deutz/eng/index.htm
    http://www.hrs.com

[color:red]Transport:[/b][/color]
    http://www.germanwings.com
    http://www.bahn.de/-S:PtVORN:eZwrE9NNhEk...al_guests.shtml

PEACE,

Scope

• Hi everybody,

that sounds great. Subway is a nice club. Unfortunately I was djing in italy last weekend and just arrived in Berlin today. Too tired to get to cologne. As I got a monthly "funk & soul 45's" party in Bonn (20km from cologne) I'll force my party people to get their ass in the train to cologne, if they aren't on vacation....Have fun !!

Komm loss mer fiere, net lamentiere....!

Kristian

www.tourdefunk.de