European Soulstrut Meeting THIS SUMMER

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    It would be cool to meet, but German/Euro heads need to get busy on this.
    I figured (without the usual hate of mine) that it would end up like this.

I have no idea what to do. I can neither organize this nor come. I'm going to be busy this summer. Very busy. And broke. Very broke.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I think you need to ask the people from Cologne. Where are they? HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I'm from near cologne and I will pm scope about all this...all strutters, still check for the first weekend in August, that must be it...we could meet and bbq on the rhinewiesen near the river, bring portables and chat and party later on somewhere...I will ask scope whats on on the first august weekend...all people that wanna come, mark that weekend in your calendar...I will let you know...

• I know theres loads of Germans on the Fryer forum. I'll put a message on there....

is it just going to be a BBQ and Dj thang then? Anyone up for a road digging trip?

• I won't have any internet access til monday again now, so I'll expect all details to be finalised by then hey sticky?

theres also some germans on the fryer forum interested in coming helping organise a night, check the link above.

Charz

I havent contacted scope yet (where the hell is he anyway? he posts here too)...till monday should be doable...let y'all know folks...

• any news?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    dream on...

any news?

unfortunately no, havent spoken with scope...and the problem is that their homeclub is closed during august...I will again try to contact him...

later,

sticky dojah

• theres also some germans on the fryer forum interested in coming helping organise a night, check the link above.

Charz

Yes, saw this....As I wrote there, my parents still live near cologne and I got a monthly party there. But as the most venues we do a summer break in august. But I'm djing in italy the week before and planned to visit friends in cologne after that, so if there is still a meeting I can bring some funk & soul 45's and maybe some of my party people...

kristian

www.tourdefunk.de

• is someone going to pull their finger out and do something then....?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    there will be a euro-strut meeting
    december 2 + 3
    (also on the 1st for real headz)
    ((table #388, peeps))

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
    Help is on the way fellas!

Just spoke to Falk (Hawkeye) and he said I should take a look here to ease the confusion :-)

Im on the answering machine of the clubowners, chances are 99.5% that the club WILL BE open on the first friday in August!!!

I spoke with my partner, he's still down harbouring all U eurostrutters...

BBQ & miniswapmeeting is also no problem as I stated earlier, so lets get this thingy ooooooonnnnnn!!!!!!

Cheers,

Scoper

BTW: I don't care if 100 or 1 ppl sows up here, I will BBQ & party (with or without them) anyways....

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Someone better fly Raj out to this thing. Just Sayerin'.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Someone better fly Raj out to this thing. Just Sayerin'.

I asked him about it, but dude NEVER answers any PMs... he busy or sth, I guess...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Just spoke to Falk (Hawkeye) and he said I should take a look here to ease the confusion :-)

Im on the answering machine of the clubowners, chances are 99.5% that the club WILL BE open on the first friday in August!!!

BBQ & miniswapmeeting is also no problem as I stated earlier, so lets get this thingy ooooooonnnnnn!!!!!!

Cheers,

Scoper

BTW: I don't care if 100 or 1 ppl sows up here, I will BBQ & party (with or without them) anyways....

i had the idea to do this. where's my VIP ticket and first class train ticket?

• Help is on the way fellas!

Cheers,

Scoper

you are a gentleman Scope!

I've updated the Fryer forum with this development.....

so any recommendations for hotels in Cologne then.......?

i had the idea to do this. where's my VIP ticket and first class train ticket?

Of course, and I have a mobile all blonde topless massage-crew hired waiting for you too

SC

Find a room or bed here:

http://www.hostelworld.com
    http://www.djh-rheinland.org/jh/koeln-deutz/eng/index.htm

Deutz or inner city is good :-)

Motel One K??ln-West is too far away & poor public transport...

Peace,

Scoper

• Scope, is there any chance you get a rough itenary sorted as I need to plan my flights & accomodation. What about doing the club on Saturday and the BBQ Sunday?

I was planning on flying in Friday and Leaving Monday, but this could chaange depending on what activities you have planned for us!

Cheers
    And

Cheers,

Scoper

HA, Scope, I knew you were coming back! Good to hear all this. I be down with it. Lemme know whats on. I am in prague currently, but I b back on wednesday!! Give u a call then...

Yo Phil, hit me up with that katowize big bang album, yonameen, pleeze?

BTW: I need your help setting this little bummer up in cologne, because defcon is busy on that weekend with private issues & a little out of game!!! Could you help me doing things like setting up BBQ, tourguide through record shops, etc...

Yo Phil, hit me up with that katowize big bang album, yonameen, pleeze?

BTW: I need your help setting this little bummer up in cologne, because defcon is busy on that weekend with private issues & a little out of game!!! Could you help me doing things like setting up BBQ, tourguide through record shops, etc...

Praha is pretty dry when it comes to records...been here to often regarding the weekend, can't promise to be there, but i will def. try and help you...regarding being a tourguide, I don't even know where the record shops are in cologne...well, besides groove attack I will get back to you asap...

Scope, is there any chance you get a rough itenary sorted as I need to plan my flights & accomodation. What about doing the club on Saturday and the BBQ Sunday?

I was planning on flying in Friday and Leaving Monday, but this could chaange depending on what activities you have planned for us!

Cheers
    And

Hi All ESS-Crew,

here the plans so far:

- Friday daytime as early as you want : Check in or just build up your tent, do some record shopping, etc...

- Friday night from 11pm to Cat Stevens (morning has broken): Disco Diamant vs. The Euro Strutters

- Saturday like De La says: Record Shopping (dry out my city you thirsty leeches) till 6pm from then on official Euro Strutters BBQ and fantastic romantic candlelight swapmeet at the riversite :-)

- Sunday: Recover from record nerding burnout syndrome and hangover (aspirins will NOT be provided by the organizing team!!!) breakfast, eventually a Cologne Brewery research? leave homewards!

Thats it!!!

Things that will be organized:

- Special club fee for ESS-PPL on friday night
    - BBQ Spot and BBQ equipment, drinks will be sold cheap
    - music for the BBQ swapmeet
    - guided record diggin tour

Things that will be NOT organized:

- place to crash (sllep)
    - BBQ food (supermarkets are open till 8pm on sat, get yusself wut you like)
    - portable record playas for the diggin tour
    - ESSM06 Tee's and other cheese or memoriabilia

Best,

Scope

Don't be worried, the guy in the middle does not belong to Disco Diamant. Im chief rocking myself on the right, sporting my brand new "Disco Nomads" gangvest & the usual german sallad bowl on top...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    When?

And where?

Here all the Info in web banner version.
    Feel free to spread this in all relevant channels you can get your hands on!

Link to paste in is:

http://www.scope45.com/SSEM2006BANNER.swf

Best,

Scoper

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Cool Scope. Please let us know how to get there by car.

Euro Strutters who are interested in a field trip after the meeting, feel free to contact me.

• Euro Strutters who are interested in a field trip after the meeting, feel free to contact me.

Scope check your PM's....

Actually bollocks to that, just send me an email: a.marshall@virgin.net[/b] I just wanted to know what you hand in mind for the above....

• will we be able/required to bring records to spin at the club?