those old sesame street inbetween cartoons...

2»

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i dont remember who it was on this site that made an awesome latin mix, i listen to it quite often, the intro is maria singing with cookie monster in spanish, it kills me everytime.

here's a tune that uses the number song as a hook and its very nicely done

http://rapidshare.com/files/2023034/06-arcee-twelve__feat._nautilus_the_navigator_-esc.mp3.html

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I swear the brother's voice sounds just like FAT ALBERT'S voice when they would sing their song.

Now THIS I can accept, but...

he also sounds like the cat who sings the blues song in the WATTSTAX movie. What's his name.
    The fat dude w/ the guitar ?

...he'd have to age twenty years and deepen his voice before he starts sounding like Albert King.

Not King but the other fat cat....the younger dude talmbout "your aint tellin like it is, youve been lyin on the truth,yeah.."

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Rance Allen

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I swear the brother's voice sounds just like FAT ALBERT'S voice when they would sing their song.

Now THIS I can accept, but...

he also sounds like the cat who sings the blues song in the WATTSTAX movie. What's his name.
    The fat dude w/ the guitar ?

...he'd have to age twenty years and deepen his voice before he starts sounding like Albert King.

Not King but the other fat cat....the younger dude talmbout "your aint tellin like it is, youve been lyin on the truth,yeah.."

That would be Rance Allen.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I like this Philip Glass segment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9CjHmcEEI

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    maybe its been posted already, but i always loved the cartoon where the little kid gets lost and the tripped out jester dude helps him find his way back through the community by remembering everything he passed along the way.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    watch the

What about the one where, to not get lost, the kid would remember the landmarks he passed to get home. Some wierd dude would morph into all the things he passed as he said them. TOTALLY PSYCHADELIC. Wierd shit. Then the morphing dude disappears. Kinda creeped me out. Wierd dude had a yoyo.

^^^^^^^^^^
    watch the

What about the one where, to not get lost, the kid would remember the landmarks he passed to get home. Some wierd dude would morph into all the things he passed as he said them. TOTALLY PSYCHADELIC. Wierd shit. Then the morphing dude disappears. Kinda creeped me out. Wierd dude had a yoyo.

This is why i

• nessness 249 Posts
    i remember all this shit, but who remembers "star blazers"? japanese cartoon about a world war II battleship ressurected to become a shaceship fighting alien wars in the future. on at the crack of dawn but i used to get up at 5 or 6 am just to watch this shit as a kid. maybe the best cartoon ever. no one my age seems to remember it except for a few friends also from the NY area. maybe it was a local thing? you can find it on youtube but the site is down right now otherwise i'd post the intro. anyone else remember this? shit was the Frickin' shit.

as a young youth in tacoma a dude used to get up early for that one.

capt harlock and shit too.

why did they only play that shit at 5 am???

• nessness 249 Posts

ALL TIME FAVORITE.

This one always freaked me out a bit. Not sure why.

• nessness 249 Posts

Ako, we gotta find the one with the orange balls that go thru the huge metal track system in the bid room with dark background. It was like an erector set on steroids and the balls went thru a sort of combo between mouse trap game and a rollercoaster. very hard to describe but visually amazing. and i think it had great music. anyone remember this one?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    amazing.
    keep them coming please

BIRD!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I still ride.

amazing.
    keep them coming please

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    The pinball machine!

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I know its from Electric Company, but this kills it.
    Looks like Young Fred climbed out of the Yellow Submarine for some refreshment.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    ah hell! i can't watch videos at the jobby job!

so in case these were already mentioned....

"only witches who are wacky wash their wigs on windy winter wednesdays"

what about the stop motion animated orange on a tile counter top with a brilla pad for hair singing the song from the opera carmen?

one that used to creep me out was the cowboy riding a horse and singing or something and he comes up to an upright bear who says "boo." and the cowboy turns and gallops off.... had a nightmare about that one.

i remember seeing one that was a cat trying to open a can of cat food while the lady is on the phone and not noticing all the things the cat is trying to get into that can. that was from the late 80's though.... yeah, i checked sesame street in high school....

while we're sort of on the topic, does anyone remember the mr rogers show that took place entirely in the land of make believe?

does anyone remember the mr rogers show that took place entirely in the land of make believe?

Yes. The trolley in his house would go into the tunnel and BAM.

meow-moew-meow-meow....

Lady Eloise and that Owl muthafucka and Daneil the cat cat.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    does anyone remember the mr rogers show that took place entirely in the land of make believe?

meow-moew-meow-meow....

Lady Eloise and that Owl muthafucka and Daneil the cat cat.

word! we were trying to think of that cat's name the other day! king friday, lady elaine fairchild...

nah, but there was one whole episode that took place in the land of make believe. they would play it from time to time and it was like a play where all the make believe characters played different parts. it had something to do with donkey hotey and his potato farm, i think.... it was kind of depressing as i recall....

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

For that reason, as a four-year-old I figured that the trolley HAD to be running through his back yard (through his "mind garden?"), or at least a few blocks away...where else could that thing go after disappearing thru the tunnel?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    [quote
    I recall washing my feet in the sink after seeing this as a kid

• nosawanosawa 89 Posts
    Philip Glass x Sesame Street