post up your instant cold/flu remedies

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I have the entire day of Sunday to beat this cold. I need recommendations. I haven't felt this sick in forever.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Need more info champ for proper recommendations.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    grapefruit seed oil
    emergen-C
    zinc lozenges
    plenty of water
    sleep

This combination has knocked out MANY of my fiercer colds in under 36 hours.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Someone gave me some of this Sambucol (a homeopathic remedy) last winter when I was starting to feel like I was having cold/flu symptoms. I started to feel better within a day. After recommending it to several others, all of them came back saying the same thing. A bottle sells for around $12 and is worth every penny.

http://www.sambucol.com/

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    grapefruit seed oil
    emergen-C
    zinc lozenges
    plenty of water
    sleep

This combination has knocked out MANY of my fiercer colds in under 36 hours.

i havnt heard of the grapefruit seed oil or the emergen-C, but as for the other 3...

it obviously depends on wether you have a virus or not, virus' are self-limiting, in other words you can only work on the symptoms and just wait for your body to defeat it.

WATER WATER WATER! and Sleep as much as you can.

And fresh air is great for speeding up a recovery as well, so keep a window open.

hope you feel better soon bro.

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    pomegranate juice (tastes horrible) or wheat grass

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Ask any Canadian... This shit will do you right!!!

And for on the go, I use:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I dont get sick that often but truthfully I think alot of that shit is mental. Yes your body has to get rid of the invader but "remedies" really just mask the symptoms and dont kill the invader.

my silly little superstition

Growin' ip in dirty nyc has made me immune to alot of common cold germs. Ridin the trains and grabbin' the mucus/chickengreased/fecalmatter smeared subway handles has helped.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I dont get sick that often but truthfully I think alot of that shit is mental. Yes your body has to get rid of the invader but "remedies" really just mask the symptoms and dont kill the invader.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

lol

I knew i would sound that way.

Simple ass Chicken Soup. I take enuff drugs anyway.

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts

Alcyhol high strength beer to kill those nasty cold germs.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• a million vitamin c tablets followed by a massive shit

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

This is the shit for preventing a cold.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    When in Peru I was hanging out with a 'watchman' He works all night walking in the cold and humid Lima streets so he had his magic recipe to kill colds. At first i was sckeptical but I tried it and it worked incredibly, one night..one time

Two extra-strength 'black' Halls tablets
    Lemon or Lime
    Soothing tea/camomille (herba luisa is recomended)

Simply enough you make your tea and lime juice and melt in the halls tablets. Drink it down and go to bed while the vapors take action.

The next morning you'll be good as new

good luck

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    pomegranate juice (tastes horrible)

I love this stuff! you dont like its super tart goodness?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    get yourself some Whiskey or Bourbon preferably Makers Mark ( for its spicy goodness )

Boil some water, throw in some lemon and honey, cloves, hazelnut the water and the booze.

You will feel a lot better almost instantly! Sleeping wont be a problem at all.

• lots of this

When I'm sick I load up on curry, red pepper, really any kind of spicy food that gets me sweating and my nose running. All that stuff has anti-viral/microbial chemicals and gets your blood flowing, and keeps obnoxious coworkers at bay with the dragonbreath.