The Office make-out finale (OMGR)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I don't remember if the shoe dropped this early (or ever) in the UK version.

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i believe in the UK version Tim professed his love in the last episode and was shot down. I don't remember he and Dawn ever kissing but I could be wrong. Didn't he also end up getting a job somewhere else?

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    i believe in the UK version Tim professed his love in the last episode and was shot down. I don't remember he and Dawn ever kissing but I could be wrong. Didn't he also end up getting a job somewhere else?

You're forgetting the Christmas specials where Dawn comes back from the US.

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    ^^^ Watch the Christmas Specials

And this episode was insane
    I was cracking up over the handshake
    And Michael-Toby feud keeps getting more hilarious
    But that end was

You're forgetting the Christmas specials where Dawn comes back from the US.

I'm not forgetting, I've never seen it!!! I bought the episodes on DVD before they bundled them together with the Christmas special.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    "You can't make AIDS jokes funny, believe me, I've tried."

"dinkin' flicka"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Scrantonisity

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    On a related note has anybody heard ricky gervais' podcast thing? Its sooo funny. Him & his friend (his agent in extras) basically ridicule their old radio producer for 30 minutes. They baffle him with weird science theories & then end up in hysterics at his random responses. U have 2 pay 4 it on itunes but torrents are available 4 it too. Definatly good for a giggle.

http://www.rickygervais.com/podcast.php

Theres the website 4 it, if anybodys intrested.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

I was cracking up over the handshake

I hope this pops up on YouTube soon. I need this as my avatar. Hilarious!!

• This was so damn brilliant. One of the best episodes yet.
    Dwight trying to move his bobblehead with his mind?
    Afghanistanianians with AIDS?
    Jan was gonna finna sleep with Michael?
    That one dude just steals a bunch of shit?
    Jim finally comes clean and Pam caves in?

YES.

The writers have painted themselves into a serious corner and I can't wait to see how this one resolves.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    On a related note has anybody heard ricky gervais' podcast thing? Its sooo funny. Him & his friend (his agent in extras) basically ridicule their old radio producer for 30 minutes. They baffle him with weird science theories & then end up in hysterics at his random responses. U have 2 pay 4 it on itunes but torrents are available 4 it too. Definatly good for a giggle.

http://www.rickygervais.com/podcast.php

Theres the website 4 it, if anybodys intrested.

Huge co-sign on this. I've become obsessed with these and the older episodes. I now have a ton of them and find myself listening all the time. Sometimes back to back to back, its too good sometimes. The only times I don't like it is when they re-tell older stories they've already done before, but I guess thats for the people that haven't heard em all anyways. Pilkington is just too much, sometimes the things that come out of his mouth... Gervais makes me laugh when he laughs cause he laughs so damn hard that its funny, and Merchant is just hilarious with his comments on everything. Definitely need the 3 of them for the show. Take out any one of them and it just doesn't work as well.

And last nights episode was great. We'll see if things happen differently

heres Episode one of the Series 2 podcasts

A HREF="http://download.yousendit.com/182CAC3541CA1437">PODCAST2EP1/A>

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    god damn I'll be looking forward to this!

This was so damn brilliant. One of the best episodes yet.

YES.

The writers have painted themselves into a serious corner and I can't wait to see how this one resolves.

next season Jim thinks Pam will break up with her fiance because of the kiss. She tells him she was confused or something and it was a mistake. He gets pissed and takes the job transfer, and possibly begins to date that other chick. With Jim gone Pam realizes how much she misses him, and craziness ensues.

That said, I don't see this show going on longer than 1 more season.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

YES.

next season Jim thinks Pam will break up with her fiance because of the kiss. She tells him she was confused or something and it was a mistake. He gets pissed and takes the job transfer, and possibly begins to date that other chick. With Jim gone Pam realizes how much she misses him, and craziness ensues.

yeah, really the sexual tension thing can only hold for so long. it's the center of the show, and it will either get tiresome or boring, or it will break and the show will be over.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

YES.

yeah, really the sexual tension thing can only hold for so long. it's the center of the show, and it will either get tiresome or boring, or it will break and the show will be over.

now that i think about it this is starting to make sense. the only way they can take this plot twist is either Jim leaving the office (which will end the show as he is a main character) or Jim and Pam finally getting together, which will end the show because its one of the main plot builders. i like the idea of him leaving, she misses him, and they get back together and live happily ever after at the end of next season. i could definately see that happening. the end of the season finale fucking melted my face clean off, shit was crazy.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    excellent post!
    jaw was on the floor when jim professed his love and the kiss
    co-sine on the toby-michael beef, toby is a great character. michael's crack on him a few episodes back about how you can't solve everything with divorce had me rolling...

great to see there's a lot of office fans here
    this has become the show i look forward to watching the most each week

i think the timing as far as the plot goes with the US and the UK versions has been similar
    UK only lasted 2 seasons + one xmas special

did anybody see the episode where dwight and michael duke it out at the karate dojo?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    As much as I loved the UK version, I think the US Office is much better. Background characters are developed much better (esp Dwight vs Gareth). Anyone know when the first season hits DVD???

As much as I loved the UK version, I think the US Office is much better. Background characters are developed much better (esp Dwight vs Gareth). Anyone know when the first season hits DVD???

agreed. I saw the first episode of the US version and couldn't even watch it because it was identical to the UK version but about 1/10th as funny. But they've really come into their own and yeah in some ways I think it's surpassed the British version (although to be fair the original's "seasons" were 6 episodes long, that doesn't give you a lot of time to flesh out lower tier characters).

• As much as I loved the UK version, I think the US Office is much better. Background characters are developed much better (esp Dwight vs Gareth). Anyone know when the first season hits DVD???

It's not that much to discuss really because of personal taste, but personally I
    can't stand the american version. I have seen 6-7 episodes and I can't understand
    why everyone seems to love Steve Carell..

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

US season 1 DVD is out now, picked one up at a Borders a few days ago. theres only 6 episodes in the US season 1 too, believe it or not.

and that finale was insane. how on earth they pulled an emotive dramatic cliffhanger out of the goofiest show ever is beyond me, but its genius

• Okay, hand me down my late pass...I just started watching the US Office this season and got so hung up on it I went out and bought the DVD's of the previous seasons I missed...and mind you, this was all in the two or three weeks before the writer's strike put the show on ice.

To be truthful, I actually watched the first ep of the 2006-07 season, the one where Oscar's homosexuality is outed by Michael...I liked it, but wasn't really compelled to check back each and every week. Don't know what started me on it now - and everybody I've talked to offline about it urges me to get the UK version on DVD - but I'm hooked.

Fave side character who deserves a storyline to himself one of these nights: the droll Stanley Hudson.

Fave side character who I'd probably get tired of if he got a storyline: Kevin. Funny as all hell, with that little roly-poly smirk he does, but the background is just the right place for him. EDIT: No, I take that back, he did have an ep centered around him when he fell ill, but he did a good job of playing it straight that time.[/b]

Weirdest discovery: that Creed Bratton, former lead guitarist for the Grass Roots, is part of the cast...playing himself. Did you know that promoter Bill Graham once cussed him out onstage at his Fillmore venue in S.F. in the 60's for daring to appear buck nekkid? Can't you just see his character on the show doing the same thing in the workplace?

And watching the older episodes, knowing that the early eps of most TV shows don't have the characters fully developed like they do later on, I gotta say that the American Office, for the most part, seems extremely fully-formed. The only radical difference I see is that Stanley has gained weight (he's almost svelte on the first ep), and while Michael has lost weight, he's also stopped greasing his hair back and is actually LESS obnoxious, believe it or not, than he was during Season One. And while the show always ends abruptly before fading to black, the first episode has the Office theme briefly playing in the background, which looks downright strange now that the show's style has been established.

And considering that Jim was crushing on Pam for quite some time, the writers gave him some SPECTACULAR girlfriends while he was waiting for her to become single. I mean, Pam is very pretty and I'd get with her in a minute, but let's face facts - Kidada Jones' character and Katy the purse saleslady were no joke! Pam who??

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the survivorman episode a few weeks ago was classic. it was featured on myspace today.

"ohh, Broken Mountain"

i love when michael mis-pronounces or struggles with words.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Okay, hand me down my late pass...

Outstanding 18 month bump!

Some of the background characters have definitely fleshed out since the beginning of season one, compare Kelly in recent seasons to her appearance in the "Diversity Day" episode from season 1. Creed has definitely become more integral as the writers realized how damn funny he is. Speaking of Diversity Day, I wish Larry Wilmore was in more episodes.

• the survivorman episode a few weeks ago was classic. it was featured on myspace today.

"ohh, Broken Mountain"

i love when michael mis-pronounces or struggles with words.

I know! And now that The Sopranos is no longer in production, he's got the field all to himself. Remember when he attributed some song to "the Black-Eyed Crowes?" Or when he miscredited Robert DeNiro's "you talkin' to me?" line to Raging Bull instead of Taxi Driver ?