edited May 2006 in Strut Central
That's the word on the streets...Thoughts? + or

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    or
    random
    as hell.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont think either of them are capable of making good music anymore and definitely not capable of making good music together

• lamaslamas 39 Posts
    sounds great to me! please, no skits...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    i dont think either of them are capable of making good music anymore and definitely not capable of making good music together

Exhausted career arcs - it may very well be time to move on...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Prince Paul

please, no skits...

that ain't happenin'

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    when i saw half the title on the front page i kinda assumed it would say "Prince Paul to produce the next De La Soul" and even then i probably would've only been moderately interested.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    personally I dont think paul has fallen off (ok I didn't dig politics of the buisness) - Souls on the other hand peaked with 93 till.

if they really bug out and go for it- it could cool.

I have a feeling they'll play safe and it won't work.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    1993 is over guys.

1994 at last!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Not checking for this,

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Thoughts

Dude: Prince Paul has dandruff.

AND: he needs a haircut.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    1994 at last!

you funny.

• I'll be checking for this the same way 45 year olds check for the Eagles

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I'll be checking for this the same way 45 year olds check for the Eagles

im not paying $500 to see themm live!!

• JpegJpeg 20 Posts
    I think this could be good cos souls still got lyrics, but the beats have been a bit patchy so this is the reight idea working with outside producers.

they need to get some Jake one & alchemist beats that would be fire.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Who caught that Humboldt beginnings LP Hiero did with Pharcyde? Any good?

2-3 decent tracks, nothing special, and overall, below expectations for me....it's true, I am not checking hiero and pharcyde stuff for a long time now...last hiero 12" i copped must have been around 2002 or so....and that "witness" rip-off from there road movie, I think the track was produced by E-Swift...

What response are you looking for that you
    aren't getting??

• Who caught that Humboldt beginnings LP Hiero did with Pharcyde? Any good?

they need to stop calling themselves the Pharcyde. When half your group has left and your signature producer is filming a documentary about being a crackhead its safe to say your group is no longer the same group it once was.

they need to stop calling themselves the Pharcyde. When half youre group has left and youre signature producer is filming a documentary about being a crackhead its safe to say your group is no longer the same group it once was.

yeah, that's what I thought back then too. I remember a dilla interview, where he was talking about the Pharcyde around the time he produced "runnin'" for them and he said they started to fight each other hard in the studio, just because one insisted that bassline x was done with a asr-10, while the other (dont know who of the 4 were involved) said it was done with a mpc. Somehow you get the idea that the group was not, erm, tight with each other too much....

aren't getting??

i'm merely pointing out the lack of interest in this record.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

aren't getting??

i'm merely pointing out the lack of interest in this record.

Dude, not even on SoulStrut are people checking for some crap like this. You're gonna have to explore Austrian or Norwegian rap forums to find people that care about it.

Dude, not even on SoulStrut are people checking for some crap like this. You're gonna have to explore Austrian or Norwegian rap forums to find people that care about it.

also one of the worst covers imo

looks like it comes out of some bad management literature book...strange....

You're gonna have to explore Austrian or Norwegian rap forums to find people that care about it.

TRUE!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

they need to stop calling themselves the Pharcyde. When half your group has left and your signature producer is filming a documentary about being a crackhead its safe to say your group is no longer the same group it once was.

yeah but the same can be said for like a million soul groups that never changed their names either.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

they need to stop calling themselves the Pharcyde. When half youre group has left and youre signature producer is filming a documentary about being a crackhead its safe to say your group is no longer the same group it once was.

yeah, that's what I thought back then too. I remember a dilla interview, where he was talking about the Pharcyde around the time he produced "runnin'" for them and he said they started to fight each other hard in the studio, just because one insisted that bassline x was done with a asr-10, while the other (dont know who of the 4 were involved) said it was done with a mpc. Somehow you get the idea that the group was not, erm, tight with each other too much....

check out the spike jonz fatlip documentary short. fatlip goes into the in-fighting a little bit on that.