Movie Speak: HARD CANDY

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Did anybody see this? That one scene has got to be the hardest thing to watch ever. Anybody see this yet? Holy shit.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i want to see this - so if you're going to give anything away - please let me know with a SPOILER ALERT!!!

was it good overall?

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    What is it? Tell more.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    As hard to watch as The Woodsman?

That movie made my skin crawl.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    What is it? Tell more.

Internet Pedophile dude lurks on a 14 yr old girl. He thinks he's in control.

Then the rest of the movie is her torturing and manipulating him. Very intense.

There is one scene that is virtually impossible to watch as a male.

I WANT MY PAP$ BACK!

Whoa. This was very very bad. What a mess of a movie. So much potential to be dark and heavy and on some Audition-type vibe, but it was goofy and cliche.

"This is for every little girl you've touched...."

Oh yea? And what do I get for the time and money I wasted?

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I'm afraid to watch it but any Trailer Park Boys fans reading this? Ellen Page played Mr. Lahey's daughter Treena, whose character disappeared from the show after the first couple of seasons.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I WANT MY PAP$ BACK!

Whoa. This was very very bad. What a mess of a movie. So much potential to be dark and heavy and on some Audition-type vibe, but it was goofy and cliche.

"This is for every little girl you've touched...."

Oh yea? And what do I get for the time and money I wasted?

I was eager to see this until I saw the trailer. Looked like a typical revenge movie. Figured it couldn't be any creepier than Happiness.