Movies that should be on DVD

Comments

• Although the film is available[/b], it's hard to find in N-A and near impossible to find on DVD in N-A...

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts
    is this on DVD - wasn't a few months ago when i asked the video store.

my VHS copy is pretty fried and this is such a good-looking film...

it??s out. classic.

Point Blank

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Someone just tipped me to this site. Some pretty hilarious looking films on there.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    WKRP in Cincinatti

supposedly in music clearance hell, so hard to say if it will ever see light of day

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Yeah, I knew about that, thanks though.
    I appreciate the existence of sources like this - I have
    around 12 raer film noir DVD's I've ordered over the years
    from Robert's Videos online (insert shhh! icon), but I'd really
    like to see an official release of this with optimum sound/video,
    maybe some extras, etc, instead of a DVD-R dubbed from VHS...

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    The latest Sanaa Lathan movie, Something New (bootlegs don't count)...Since I'm all about celebrating interracial relationship positivity.

Unlike some of the above-mentioned titles, I'm pretty sure it will be available on DVD very soon, though!

• WKRP in Cincinatti

supposedly in music clearance hell, so hard to say if it will ever see light of day

I can only imagine what a bitch this must be to clear. For just about every show I've worked on we get a 5 year perpetuity agreement. considering this show is 20+ years old and the majority of these songs were major hits of the day the fees gotta be crazy.

Bright side is you can still catch the reruns sometimes

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I just caught this on Movieplex:

Despite the cheesy cover, it's a pretty good documentary on Black karate experts competing in the first World Karate Championships. I didn't catch the whole thing, which is unfortunate because it's only available on VHS.

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    a box set with all of William Klein's films would be

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    On the list for a long time.. glad this thread started though because, like some other users, while looking for images I found it looks like the DVDs were released.. maybe..

Panic in Needle Park, the best Pacino movie there is. Release looks suspect - why only 4 shown on Amazon none directly from Amazon? It has been released in the UK for some time, I suspect potential region free bootleg action. Hmm yeah not available on netflix.

img src="http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8764/panicpic5.jpg"

Scarecrow - never seen it, but it's from the same director as Panic in Needle Park plus Pacino / Hackman, hard to go wrong. Looks like it was just released maybe.

img src="http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews15/a Gene Hackman Al Pacino Scarecrow DVD Review/cover Gene Hackman Al Pacino Scarecrow DVD Review.jpg"

Shatzberg page:

http://www.jerryschatzberg.com/movies.html

Also previously on my list, now released:

img src="http://www.fareastdvd.com/ebaypics/coonskin copy.jpg"

Oh yeah, here's a good one, the Quiller Memorandum. From what I remember.. complex, hot chicks, nice soundtrack.

img src="http://www.internationalposter.com/pimages/ITL03123.jpg"

btw, hi soulstrut, first post.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    they added new effects to thx 1138?

Unfortunately yes, but the deluxe version dvd has the student film

The latest Sanaa Lathan movie, Something New (bootlegs don't count)...Since I'm all about celebrating interracial relationship positivity.

It's on DVD in my hood, Official version too.

Nobody I know saw this movie. What's the word?

Oh yeah the movie I'd want on dvd

NUNZIO
    THREE THE HARD WAY
    THE PUNISHER (wack dolph lundgren version)
    THE ONE ARMED EXECUTIONER

Thought of some more:

The Girl Can't Help It
    92 in the Shade
    The Boyfriend
    The Loved One (out next month!!)
    The Ipcress File/Funeral in Berlin (OOP and crazy expensive used)
    Flash Gordon -1980 flick (ditto)
    Skatetown USA
    Cotton Candy (Ron Howard TV movie about a rock band)
    Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains(Diane Lane teen nude scene punk rock movie-Night Flight staple from the 80s)
    Gordon Parks' The Learning Tree
    Decline of Western Civilization I and II
    Pacific Vibrations/Evolution/Sea of Joy/Free Ride (classic surf films of the late 60s-early 70s-VERY underserved by the DVD revolution)

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Thought of some more:

The Girl Can't Help It
    92 in the Shade
    The Boyfriend
    The Loved One (out next month!!)
    The Ipcress File/Funeral in Berlin (OOP and crazy expensive used)
    Flash Gordon -1980 flick (ditto)
    Skatetown USA
    Cotton Candy (Ron Howard TV movie about a rock band)
    Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains(Diane Lane teen nude scene punk rock movie-Night Flight staple from the 80s)
    Gordon Parks' The Learning Tree
    Decline of Western Civilization I and II
    Pacific Vibrations/Evolution/Sea of Joy/Free Ride (classic surf films of the late 60s-early 70s-VERY underserved by the DVD revolution)

I'll probably grab 'The Loved One' when it comes out. Is is a Criterion issue?
    I have a copy of Decline of Western Civ 2 on VHS. One of my fave documentaries (funny as hell too).

Flash Gordon -1980

NO FUCKIN' DOUBT. Where the hell is this????

I've been waiting for a minute for this to drop.

How can Buck Rogers be on DVD, and not this.

Gotta keep my gamma cells down.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    is prince of the city by sidney lummet available on dvd? i have been wanting to see that flic for a long time.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    if someone has prince of the city can they torrent it?

is prince of the city by sidney lummet available on dvd? i have been wanting to see that flic for a long time.

Pretty sure I just saw this somewhere

and Flash Gordon evidently WAS out, but then gizzone.

And Larry, the Loved One is an MGM release, I believe....hopefully with commentary...MGM can go either way with either great extras or total bare bones.

oh, and can we get the widescreen DVD of the OG 'BEDAZZLED' with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore PLEASE???? It's available in the UK and elsewhere, but not here in th egood 'ol US. Sad.

• I don't know if anybody mentioned this flick, but My Bodyguard is one of my favorite joints. No, I am not talking the Whitney flick, but the flick from the late 70's starring a young ass Matt Dillon as a bully. I think it was based in Chicago. Anyway, I need that on DVD!
    amir

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I don't know if anybody mentioned this flick, but My Bodyguard is one of my favorite joints. No, I am not talking the Whitney flick, but the flick from the late 70's starring a young ass Matt Dillon as a bully. I think it was based in Chicago. Anyway, I need that on DVD!
    amir

Cosign! Whatever happened to Chris Makepeace (he was in 'Meatballs' too)? I think 'My Bodyguard' may have been Joan Cusack's first movie.

• Oh shit! I forgot about John Cusack too. I recently saw the film again on cable a few months ago, and I freaked out cause that shit is soooo dope.
    amir

• I don't know if anybody mentioned this flick, but My Bodyguard is one of my favorite joints. No, I am not talking the Whitney flick, but the flick from the late 70's starring a young ass Matt Dillon as a bully. I think it was based in Chicago. Anyway, I need that on DVD!
    amir

Cosign! Whatever happened to Chris Makepeace (he was in 'Meatballs' too)? I think 'My Bodyguard' may have been Joan Cusack's first movie.

I beleive My Bodyguard was out on DVD. I remember people asking for that title when I worked at a video store and it had a release date.

Although its not a movie I always wished FOX would release the 10 or so episodes of the failed show "Whoops" (Think Gilligans Island, but instead of being stranded on an island its a post nuclear holocaust situation)

Perhaps the most brilliant thing ever to air on FOX

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

80 Blocks from Tiffanys

Is there anyone who could upload this to Youtube???

• Are you sure about the DVD for that? Cause I have looked arounf NYC for it and can't find it. Any help would be appreciated?
    thx,
    Amir

• Are you sure about the DVD for that? Cause I have looked arounf NYC for it and can't find it. Any help would be appreciated?
    thx,
    Amir

Amir,
    I bought it about a 6 months ago to a year ago at Tower, although I can't find it my DVD at home, just the cover.

• Thank you very much sir! Another film I would like to have on DVD is Sankofa. I have the VHS but I'm sayin' the DVD would oh sooo fresh to have!
    amir