Headin to China

HabitualHabitual 12 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Any one know of any records spots to hit up for vinyl?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Don't bother. China is dead for vinyl - blame Mao. Enjoy eating great street food and copping bootleg DVDs intead.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Don't bother. China is dead for vinyl - blame Mao. Enjoy eating great street food and copping bootleg DVDs intead.

Make that extremely CHEAP and delicious street food. Also wake up early to go through parks and look at all the lederly people doing tai-chi at dawn

have a great time

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Where are you going? I assume one of the major financial hubs (shanghai, guangzhou, beijing, hk).....

• HabitualHabitual 12 Posts
    Ill be starting out in Shanghai to see a friend but end up goin to hong kong for the majority of the trip....or where ever the records are : )

I find it hard to belive there isnt record stores in Hong Kong or Gyzo

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    What's good dude - it's about time you found this place. What brings you to China?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    no record spots in shanghai, but yes to records in hong kong since it was a former british colony. There are a few spots, most of the records are remnants of ex-pats or students returning from foreign studies.

but really, records should be your last concern in these cities. Go eat and people watch.......

whitey area in hk is lan kwai fong, that's where all the bars are at. Other nightlife hotspots are Tsim Tsa Tsui or Mong Kok if you want to get gully widdit.

feel free to ask more questions, plus kenny and sno are from HK. They should chime in...

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    hello.

records in Hong Kong should be your last thing to do, there are enough things that are worth checking for here like the cuisines/ restaurants.

you can try out the best of most of the Chinese cuisine/ style of restauransts all here in HK. Seafood might not be the freshest or the best compared to overseas countries, but they're still a unique style of seafood dishes here.

records. there are a few spots, hit me on the PM.

have fun.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Cuisine is a definite must in HK. There are some nice restaurants/eatery and such, but make sure you try the food stalls along the streets of Mongkok.
    Sneakers shopping at either Mongkok or EXIT at Tsim Sha Tsui.
    There are some nice record spots, I trust Kenny is the guy to ask.

• HabitualHabitual 12 Posts
    What's good dude - it's about time you found this place. What brings you to China?

Whats good with ya Day? Yeah been peepin the site for a minute finally registered. Still puttin those releases out?

I got a friend thats teaching in Shanghai then hes tranfering to Hong Kong. So i figured Free place to stay+Someone that knows the area...why not?

But yeah lookin forward to the whole trip

anyone else got any input?