Super-raers?

Comments

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Soul Kitchen
    SK-0010 Jackie Russell ???If You Don???t Want Me Let Me Be/ Don???t Trade Love For Money???
    SK-0011 Frankie Pighee & Soulettes ???Soul Feeling/ If You Don???t Think???
    SK-0012 The Master Keys ???Walking Right/ Use Me Lord???
    SK-0013 Chantells ???Why Won???t You Say (What You Want)/ World Of Soul???
    SK-0014 Showmen ???Big Daddy Don/ Judy???
    AL-0015 Ricky Hodges & the Funky People ???Don???t Destroy Our Love/ Pt. 2???
    SK-7014 Addie Pearl Rice ???Flowers Are Blooming/ Sara Culture??? 1970
    SK-7147 Ricky Hodges ???I Feel It (The Love You Have For Me)/ Pt. 2??? 1971
    SK-7154 The Inter-Circle ???The Players/ The Pusher??? 1971
    SK-7211 Creations Unlimited ???Corruption Is The Thing/ Chrystal Illusion??? 1972

I believe there is one other 45 by Angela Alexander, but I do not have details.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

then there is mythical raer....

evan's pyramid lp

-anyone got it for me?
    allegedly a hand drawn cover for every copy and a run of 50.

what else is only on the bigfoot/yeti level....

Evan's Pyramid LP, 50 hand drawn covers?

I'm curious who you heard about this one from. Put 'em on blast.

• David_GDavid_G 60 Posts
    Soul Kitchen[/b]
    SK-0010 Jackie Russell ???If You Don???t Want Me Let Me Be/ Don???t Trade Love For Money???
    SK-0011 Frankie Pighee & Soulettes ???Soul Feeling/ If You Don???t Think???
    SK-0012 The Master Keys ???Walking Right/ Use Me Lord???
    SK-0013 Chantells ???Why Won???t You Say (What You Want)/ World Of Soul???
    SK-0014 Showmen ???Big Daddy Don/ Judy???
    AL-0015 Ricky Hodges & the Funky People ???Don???t Destroy Our Love/ Pt. 2???
    SK-7014 Addie Pearl Rice ???Flowers Are Blooming/ Sara Culture??? 1970
    SK-7147 Ricky Hodges ???I Feel It (The Love You Have For Me)/ Pt. 2??? 1971
    SK-7154 The Inter-Circle ???The Players/ The Pusher??? 1971
    SK-7211 Creations Unlimited ???Corruption Is The Thing/ Chrystal Illusion??? 1972

I believe there is one other 45 by Angela Alexander, but I do not have details.

what holds an imprint like this together, would it even be appropriate to call this
    a "label"? Obviously the fact that "Soul Kitchen" was written on all these singles
    connects them... but was there a dude who ran a Soul Kitchen label/collective
    promotional entity? ...Bo co-opted the pot belly logo in 1974...

anyway, you got any "Soul Kitchen Review" posters lying around?
    That would be d-shit!

Did Boddie press for any conventional labels? ...or is "Boddie Custom" the weak overarching "ghost-label" for everything?

• down_beatdown_beat 57 Posts
    Soul Kitchen[/b]

Cheers Dante. Forgot to look up www.ohiosoulrecordings.com.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    but was there a dude who ran a Soul Kitchen label/collective promotional entity?

Sort of.

Did Boddie press for any conventional labels? ...or is "Boddie Custom" the weak overarching "ghost-label" for everything?

The only non-Ohio thing I've seen that Boddie manufactured are a few records for the Odessa label in Milwaukee.

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts

pookeyblow, that looks photoshopped as hell

NO FAKE RECORDS IN THIS THREAD

• I'd give my left nut for a copy of the tko's single, must be pretty rare too

That is definitely a wierd thing that New Zealand press.

on the bay area funk 2 comp i did for ubiquity i included the Acid Lady track. on vol 1 i lent them my copy for Herm. buy both comps and you get both songs. id post their album but i dont have computer skills for that.

weird yes, but not really. the dudes from ode licensed tracks from the owner of sonic arts studios here in sf (did a lot of rock and garage music besides the soul and gospel they also put out). my guess... acid lady is a rocker. they threw herm on the flip because it was already released and Ooh Baby is a ballad. wouldnt hold up next to the acid lady track. anyway... my boy in nz talked to the dude from ode (from what i remember) and he didnt know what dave was talking about... or something like that.

this is all a guess cause leo kulka passed a while back and dude from ode doesnt remember. i guess if someone hollered at alec or the dudes from ace/kent they might know since they bought leos publishing quite a few years back.

...and thats my bay area music info for the day.

james aaron and herm henry from the SF TKOs are going to show up (supposedly) tonight at the bay area funk party at the elbo room.

cheers for the info man.

• Anyone know anything about the kiwi Dr. Tree 'Eugino D' 45? It was supposedly a radio promo, my guess is it would be on emi like the lp. I've never met anyone who had a copy.

I'd give my left nut for a copy of the tko's single, must be pretty rare too, Herm on the flip:

Just sold one today. Can't figure out why 'acid lady' sounds about 4 years earlier than 'Herm'. This is a VERY mysterious release. Anyone shed some light?

• DUHHHH

i replied to an earlier post without reading the rest of this!!

How many known copies of TKO's aussie/NZ press??

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts

pookeyblow, that looks photoshopped as hell

NO FAKE RECORDS IN THIS THREAD

• down_beatdown_beat 57 Posts

John at Revolve, Erskinville, Sydney (great shop, great guy, have a Coopers while you look) used to have a stash of around 20 back in the late 80s, early 90s, when they were thought worthless... How many around now? Don't know. Don't know the story of the press's distribution. Must still be a few in New Zealand.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

John at Revolve, Erskinville, Sydney (great shop, great guy, have a Coopers while you look) used to have a stash of around 20 back in the late 80s, early 90s, when they were thought worthless... How many around now? Don't know. Don't know the story of the press's distribution. Must still be a few in New Zealand.
    If by a few you mean next to none then yeah. Didn't sell at all originally so there were not that many in circulation to start with. Only one that I've ever had my hands on. Even down here it's pretty mythically rare.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

This has come up before, but does anyone have any info on this? Press? Raer? Boot?

Thanks

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I wanna say that was a miniscule pressing that was made of an acetate found a few years back, I could be way off though

• mrfinewinemrfinewine 157 Posts
    what's "black beauty" by rex on sax/dennis on drums sound like? imagine the worst elements of "damph f'aint" and "everybody's getting soul" combined! with someone shouting "he broke his g-string!"--and, as previously mentioned, heaping weird praise on beauties of all shades. in other words, genius!!

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts

{INSERT PIC OF FEE-BEE "Planet Rock" HERE}

This has come up before, but does anyone have any info on this? Press? Raer? Boot?

Thanks

I picked up a copy from someone in NYC who said he acquired it when it came out in the mid 80s... Apparently, it's a boot that was done a year or two after the record dropped on Tommy Boy... Raer? It's tough to find, but you'll come across it... I've seen it hit the $500+ mark on eBay once, but has "settled down" in the $150 to $250 range in the few times I've seen it since...

Not my favorite record in the crates...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

I'm surprised this hasn't been photoshoped to hell. This has TheMack written all over it.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I'm surprised this hasn't been photoshoped to hell. This has TheMack written all over it.

Please to include "Heavy shit takes longer to get there"

• mrfinewinemrfinewine 157 Posts
    re them baghdad sistuhs: by my count they hit three out of the park and send maybe one outfielder to the warning track...btb?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Anyone know anything about the kiwi Dr. Tree 'Eugino D' 45? It was supposedly a radio promo, my guess is it would be on emi like the lp. I've never met anyone who had a copy.

I'd give my left nut for a copy of the tko's single, must be pretty rare too, Herm on the flip:

After putting someone from the board in touch with the only copy of this that I have seen I can now tell you that this is all of 180 UK Pounds Raer, even though the two tracks are readily available on comps. (also, I never noticed before, but my laptop does not have a UK Pound symbol key )

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    This thread is mind-numbing, and I will have to claim little dude status for life. Still, I'm glad folks are going out of their way to find these rare gems. Hopefully, these tunes can get reissued in due time, though some have been repressed already. Keep on keeping on.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this is all of 180 UK Pounds Raer, even though the two tracks are readily available on comps.

this is a fair price for this record. $300-400 for a mint copy. i got mine for $225 or something like that. john idem was trying to tell me $600+. out his damn mind... im still upset that he sent me fucked up copies of the Little Beaver 45 5yrs back trying to say they were mint when he mailed them. worst lie EVER!

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts

then you got the Upheaval 45 which was hand pressed in the basement of a max security prison and limited to 25 copies.

that shit is monster biz.

Could we please have taste of what this sounds like? If this is not a joke I mean.
    Seconded.

[shamelessplug] No joke - you can hear it on Fused Funk Vol. 3 available here [/shamelessplug]

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    'GEEK'

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    anyone fimillar(sp?) with this group called "Wee" its on a private press and the LP has a pic of an airplane on the cover?? My partner was showing me a copy of this joint last month and I know I have never ever seen or heard of this group prior to this (jazz soul fusion type vibe) anyone???

• TenyuTenyu 30 Posts

Wee - Aeroplane

good LP !

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Whenever I read this thread, I see "super reARS" instead.