Super-raers?

Comments

• Options

i'd say not more than a handful of this are around ...

K.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    tnt flashers LP on artco dubie

MYTHIC

i have their 45 but didnt know there was an lp that existed. youve seen one?

artco was originally from arizona then moved to l.a. and, from what i know, only released this one 45. then again its the only one on the label i have.

never saw it, but then again, i've never seen the loch ness monster either. just talked to the bandleader and he said there was an lp.

MYTHIC.

that 45 is dope though. i have a soundclip of it from a craig moerer auction on a mixtape!!! got a scan of it?? please post it!!

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    HALO LP (don't know if it came out on dyco or marshall)

and i guess there are 2 lp's worth of material that were never released, but one of them was. heard this from the bandleader as well. he broke down the players on the legendary 45 to me..... you ready??

james gadson on drums
    paulinho da costa on percussion

couple other heavy hitters on there as well, gotta call him again to get the names. but yeah, a bunch of seasoned cats on that 45. you can pretty much tell it is some real session types on that one, even though the 45 is impossibly rare- the song is sooooooo good- but not $4k good.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Anyone else got a copy of this?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

I'm resting my drink on one now.....

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Apple & the Three Oranges "Curse Upon The World" (Sagittarius)

I believe DJ Cash Money has this... not 100% 'cos it was about 5 years ago that I saw it, but i'm pretty sure...

Don't think so. There is one known copy and it's in Japan.
    Plus dude would never go for an unknown record such as this,
    because five years ago he was trying to get shit like Billy Garner and Fatback Band.

Fabulous Fugitives on J'Ace is not that rare, I've had four or five in my life.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Dude, throw that on the deck I think you'll likes.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

If I really had one I would mos def give it a spin (on the basis of the label alone). What's it like?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

If I really had one I would mos def give it a spin (on the basis of the label alone). What's it like?

Sort of like a lost Gil Scott-Heron uptempo funk/jazz tune about shooting heroin. Flip is instrumental.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'll see your Toledo heroin raer & raise you this private boner...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Sort of like a lost Gil Scott-Heron uptempo funk/jazz tune about shooting heroin. Flip is instrumental.

BTW isn't this (1974) pretty early for graf-style lettering, especially considering it's from Toledo?

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Damn BTB!
    We use this record to clown dudes when we are spinning.
    We cue the Singleman record up, and then tell the next dude "Just hit start when you're ready to play this, I have to go to the bathroom."
    Start is tapped and from nearby we laugh watching the dude fucking with the EQ trying desperately to get some sound out of this record.

SINGLEMAN RULES.

there's a break on there!!! it sounds like a dude kicking a closet door 2 houses over!!!

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    anyone else? click here

(sorry can't post the pic directly into the message, will do later)

cheers, r.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This is what we use in Detroit to clown people

in the Soul Kitchen!!!!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    CHAPLIN HARNESS

oh shit! caught that recently

• Anyone know anything about the kiwi Dr. Tree 'Eugino D' 45? It was supposedly a radio promo, my guess is it would be on emi like the lp. I've never met anyone who had a copy.

I'd give my left nut for a copy of the tko's single, must be pretty rare too

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

if I recall right soulstruts hermillo hotsauce has this

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Anyone know anything about the kiwi Dr. Tree 'Eugino D' 45? It was supposedly a radio promo, my guess is it would be on emi like the lp. I've never met anyone who had a copy.

I'd give my left nut for a copy of the tko's single, must be pretty rare too, Herm on the flip:

Probably best not to mention the Dr Tree 45 because every time it comes up on here there are fights between someone who says he has a copy & others who call him out for not posting a pic of it.
    I can maybe get you in touch with a copy of that TKOs 45....but be prepared to pay I actually had a copy in my hand two weeks ago Great 45.

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts

• down_beatdown_beat 57 Posts

fabulous fugitives on j'ace
    it's just what i think, not sure! but for sure is that almost all people who didn't know it loved it after they listened a couple of times to the mp3 i've send them...

Shoggi, any chance of posting up that MP3?

Anyone know anything about the kiwi Dr. Tree 'Eugino D' 45? It was supposedly a radio promo, my guess is it would be on emi like the lp. I've never met anyone who had a copy.

That is definitely a wierd thing that New Zealand press. Lotusland have my copy, hit em up. A few float around but not many. As for Eugino D, never seen proof. Great LP tho.

Soul Kitchen. What a label this is, both in form and content. I've been searching thru Doors listings for years. Concourse records has t-shirts with it if anyone's interested. Anyone have a discog? Dante? A strange one from the label got pulled from ebay a few months back. I reckon it was an NY guy who made the play before the auction ended!

fabulous fugitives on j'ace
    it's just what i think, not sure! but for sure is that almost all people who didn't know it loved it after they listened a couple of times to the mp3 i've send them...

Shoggi, any chance of posting up that MP3?

hi downbeat, sorry but i've deleted it about a month ago!
    but if it helps, it's on the BayTown show (last 3rd of the mix) that you can download from our website
    in the 'records&sounds' -> archive section.... click here 2 go there!
    cheers, r.

Cheers r, i'm listening now. Look forward to the other mix as well.

Schoggi, that's first time I've heard someone else play the Echomen 45 (at 45:00ish). when's the J'Ace 45 play at?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

pookeyblow, that looks photoshopped as hell

NO FAKE RECORDS IN THIS THREAD

Schoggi, that's first time I've heard someone else play the Echomen 45 at 45:00. when's the J'Ace 45 play at?

i like it a lot, have/play it since many years but also didn't see/hear it often on playlists
    but on the other hand i dunno if my musical taste is really that good
    i've been told it's more in-demand for the flip in some soul circles. not a biggie.
    i think the j'ace comes somewhere in the last 15min., don't really remember!
    sorry but most of the times when i record such shows i'm completely pissed...
    would be interesting to know if you like the lot... cheers, r.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

That is definitely a wierd thing that New Zealand press.

on the bay area funk 2 comp i did for ubiquity i included the Acid Lady track. on vol 1 i lent them my copy for Herm. buy both comps and you get both songs. id post their album but i dont have computer skills for that.

weird yes, but not really. the dudes from ode licensed tracks from the owner of sonic arts studios here in sf (did a lot of rock and garage music besides the soul and gospel they also put out). my guess... acid lady is a rocker. they threw herm on the flip because it was already released and Ooh Baby is a ballad. wouldnt hold up next to the acid lady track. anyway... my boy in nz talked to the dude from ode (from what i remember) and he didnt know what dave was talking about... or something like that.

this is all a guess cause leo kulka passed a while back and dude from ode doesnt remember. i guess if someone hollered at alec or the dudes from ace/kent they might know since they bought leos publishing quite a few years back.

...and thats my bay area music info for the day.

james aaron and herm henry from the SF TKOs are going to show up (supposedly) tonight at the bay area funk party at the elbo room.