Super-raers?

Comments

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
    Anybody out there know anything about "dance of the sophisticated cissy/sissy"
    by bobby williams on seven b, no catalogue # ?

ps- how many copies of "blind man" were ever turned up? (la carnival)

how about the hot property band on educator records? "slip-a-disc-o"

1976 kiddie funk

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

ps- how many copies of "blind man" were ever turned up? (la carnival)

Enough I think to place it a peg or two beneath some of the other titles mentioned in this thread considering I've seen at least three copies move in the last year. Sadly, none have found their way into my DJ box.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

then you got the Upheaval 45 which was hand pressed in the basement of a max security prison and limited to 25 copies.

that shit is monster biz.

Could we please have taste of what this sounds like? If this is not a joke I mean.
    Seconded.

Anybody have info on a band/prod. called razzle dazzle music? song titled
    "pushin on"

Or The Soul Three, "she's the one (who got away)"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hairybelafonte barges in with both guns blazing

hairybelafonte barges in with both guns blazing

"smoke 'em if ya got 'em"

for cereal though, any info on soul three or razzle dazzle would be greatly
    appreciated.

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    "Oh let's see, hmmm... i'd say at least 8000."

aleit you are so right.

in all matters of "how many records?" it makes sense to at least discard one zero.

"I have 10,000 records" blah blah

In the case of 2 Sisters, what the producer actually said is that he spent $8000. He claimed more like 3000 were pressed, 2000 sold.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    I've never met anyone who has this, and the band said only a tiny quantity was pressed:

One of Hilton Felton's ultra private side projects that was only given out in tiny quantities, I actually have 3 of these so trade offers are welcome:

Former Knight brother recorded this and only one band member had a copy, almost none printed:

Ok, now this is probably out there in quantity but still, check it out. Wow.

• Supposedly only two copies of this. Davis has the other. None at Hamberlin's house.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    And nobody's mentioned the Andrew Brown version of 'Suffer' yet. Dante and Josh only, yes?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Supposedly only two copies of this. Davis has the other. None at Hamberlin's house.

If you own the other copy of this... I will give you very good trades for it. please to email [email]meatyogre1@aol.com.[/email] You know I needs the Rockford funks.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

this wasted 45 has proved to be "unknown". Nice deep/funky soul.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Funk 45s with less than five known copies in the collector's world (to my knowledge):

New Establishment In Soul (Grants)
    Andrew Brown (Brave)
    The Aristocrats "Don't Go" (Rondo)
    The Free Mind (Twin Town)
    Chucky Thurmon (Thurmoe-Blast)
    Hercules & the Black Majic (Grants)
    JGD & the New Breed (OMPC)
    Soul Drifter (Smoke)
    Mongoose (Smoke)
    Suede (Big O)
    The Naturall Band (Mus-I-Col)
    High Voltage Unlimited (Donaldson's)
    Cavaliers Unlimited (Century)
    Major & the Lieutenants (HHH)
    Leroy Brooks (Sea City)
    Funk Machine (Rebosak)
    Six Degree South (6 Degree)
    Sounds of Shea (Wendy)
    Dynamite Singletary (Moe the Rooster)
    Stone Coal White (Ewing)
    Everyday People (Forte)
    Alias Funk & Soul (Peppermint)
    The Basement (La Trice)
    Joe Simmons (Cotton Pickin' Soul)
    The Nucleus of DPR (DPR)
    Black Magic (Bet It's A Hit)
    Howard Bomar (TST)
    Jimi Macon (Doin' Our Thing)
    LT & the Soulful Dynamics (Solo)
    Apple & the Three Oranges "Curse Upon The World" (Sagittarius)

There are obviously many, many more, but these are titles that are "known" through the collector's circuit and are also very desirable sound-wise.

Soul Drifter (Smoke)

That's one wicked tune I wish I could drop on the decks now and then.

• David_GDavid_G 60 Posts

The Nucleus of DPR (DPR)

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    great thread...

chuck womack on ramco
    incense on incense
    halo on dyco
    chashers on uncle
    east 14th st band on one way
    denise & co on wee

and maybe?...

project soul
    t&e corp
    fabulous fugitives on j'ace
    olajunja's spirit movers on oak leaf
    solid ground on solid ground
    sunday nite affair on alaska
    ellis and cephas on mil-smi
    hamptons on harage

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts

i think there are more than a handful of this around! anyway a massive record and i'd say it didn't reach its peak in terms of demand yet...

i think there are more than a handful of this around! anyway a massive record and i'd say it didn't reach its peak in terms of demand yet...

yeah i figured but i wasnt sure. thanks for the tip. and yes, the record is quite nice.

I missed an opportunity to grab this up not too long ago. I wasn't too happy with myself afterwards. Doh!

yeah i figured but i wasnt sure. thanks for the tip. and yes, the record is quite nice.

you're welcome... it's just what i think, not sure! but for sure is that almost all people who didn't know it loved it after they listened a couple of times to the mp3 i've send them... they really want it bad now... for me it was a grower aswell... needed some spins...

cheers, r.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Apple & the Three Oranges "Curse Upon The World" (Sagittarius)

I believe DJ Cash Money has this... not 100% 'cos it was about 5 years ago that I saw it, but i'm pretty sure...

you're welcome... it's just what i think, not sure! but for sure is that almost all people who didn't know it loved it after they listened a couple of times to the mp3 i've send them... they really want it bad now... for me it was a grower aswell... needed some spins...

cheers, r.

i like both sides and i agree with you as well. it did take me a couple of spins which is weird because its one of my more favorite records right now. just the arrangement with the vocals moves me so much.

"you made me cry" was on my break-up letters cd if anyone has it.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    tnt flashers LP on artco dubie

MYTHIC

cheers, r.

i like both sides and i agree with you as well. it did take me a couple of spins which is weird because its one of my more favorite records right now. just the arrangement with the vocals moves me so much.

"you made me cry" was on my break-up letters cd if anyone has it.

oh yes.. the vocals an the groove... love it!

here's a pic of my preferred side:

tune can be heard somehwere in the last third on the "BayTown" mix on our website if interested...

i'd say not more than a handful of this are around ...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Monks & Nuns

tnt flashers LP on artco dubie

MYTHIC

i have their 45 but didnt know there was an lp that existed. youve seen one?

artco was originally from arizona then moved to l.a. and, from what i know, only released this one 45. then again its the only one on the label i have.