Tattoos.... I know you got em'. Show some pics

13»

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

It's a serious question. Tattoos are a fashion statement like everything else. Like I said, 20 years ago they used to be almost unique and occasional, now most everybody under 60 has at least one. For people that have tattos, it's gotta be something you think about. opinions?

I think statements like this are more telling of your own self image issues. If you only see self expression as a way to impress others, than no, you shouldn't get a tattoo.

Perhaps, and I don't have any. It just seems a lot of things in life are defined by their uniqueness or novelty, and when that's lost it takes some of the fun out of having whatever it is. It's just with tattoos, they are more or less permanent.

And I agree self expression doesn't have to be to impress others, I just think that many people that get them do so for that very reason - particularly the number of people that have them now. Not everybody, but a lot. Like someone said above, I predict a boom in tattoo removal. Not for people who have a genuine interest in what they have (i.e. sween & his bro's tat) but those with... say... barbed wire shit, for instance - and that's a lot of people.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    My boy Ami is filming a show for TLC right now, along the lines of American Chopper/Monster Garage etc. The show will be called Miami Ink, and is basically a show all about him and his tattoo store that he has with his boys (Chris Nunez, Chris Garver and Darren).
    I was down there for a week whilst they were filming, and I gotta say that shit is no joke - TLC are putting a good amount of money into this.
    The best thing for me is that all the boys are wearing shirts from the clothing label I run (DeVille) so for me i'm getting a crazy amount of product placement.

Hopefully i'll be going back down to get a back-piece done, and fingers crossed TLC will be picking up the check on that one.

BTW, all my tats have personal meanings to me, and just me. Fuck what everyone else thinks.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Sounds ill! Can you tell me more about DeVille and show me some of the line? Are they done with the show? I want to get more tatoos and it would be cool to go out there and get them done on the tv show.

• Options

Front of my left leg (knee down)

Sween,

I have mucho respect for what you've added to this board, but you've got bambi ankles.

Ha, K.

• Options
    Front of my left leg (knee down)
    Sween,

I have mucho respect for what you've added to this board, but you've got bambi ankles.

Ha, K.

I'm spry.

Sounds ill! Can you tell me more about DeVille and show me some of the line? Are they done with the show? I want to get more tatoos and it would be cool to go out there and get them done on the tv show.

The shop is on Washington between 13th & 14th streets, called Miami Ink. I think they have one more week of filming left, then they break for a couple of weeks, then they film again after that. All the guys there specialize in traditional Japanese art, several of them studied in Japan too.

DeVille is a clothing line I started recently. You can see more at www.devilleusa.com

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

The shop is on Washington between 13th & 14th streets, called Miami Ink. I think they have one more week of filming left, then they break for a couple of weeks, then they film again after that. All the guys there specialize in traditional Japanese art, several of them studied in Japan too.

DeVille is a clothing line I started recently. You can see more at www.devilleusa.com

Traditional Japanese tattoos are my favorite. If I ever get tats, it will be traditional Japanese tats fo sho. I will get a post up about Japanese tattoos in a few minutes.
    I like some of your shirts Bombjack. What part of Brooklyn are you from?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Traditional Japanese tattoos are my favorite. If I ever get tats, it will be traditional Japanese tats fo sho. I will get a post up about Japanese tattoos in a few minutes.

You gonna get them the traditional Japanese way?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

The caption around it says "I got hope and dreams of no in-betweens." I won't signify where it came from. For my 25th birthday in 3 months, it will be expanded. I got this one when I was 21. Sadly enough, this used to make girls cry at frat parties at Michigan State University.

'Brooklyn Built' refers to the company rather than me. I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn but i'm originally from south London.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

'Brooklyn Built' refers to the company rather than me. I live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn but i'm originally from south London.

London Holla! I have family from Catford. My brother and his wife went to school in London for a year and lived in Kilburn Park. I went and stayed with them for a couple of weeks and Kilburn park was a cool area. LOTS of Irish pubs around there hommie! I could come out of the tube station and go straight into an Irish pub and start drinking pints of GUINNESS!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    You gonna get them the traditional Japanese way?

Ugh, that's what's up. I have two Japanese half sleeves (windbars/cherry blossoms on the right arm and waves/koi/maple leaves on the left arm), but I still wanna get a ghost flame near my right armpit--and I want it done hand style.

Every now and then, a convention comes through SF and there's someone doing traditional irezumi. I can wait.

BTW: I love that dude in that pic is wearing a Hell's Angels shirt.

London Holla! I have family from Catford. My brother and his wife went to school in London for a year and lived in Kilburn Park. I went and stayed with them for a couple of weeks and Kilburn park was a cool area. LOTS of Irish pubs around there hommie! I could come out of the tube station and go straight into an Irish pub and start drinking pints of GUINNESS!

Yeah, I used to date a girl who lived in Catford. She turned out to be a complete nut-job.
    Also used to live near Kilburn Park and you're right, lots of Irish in that area. Can't go wrong with an Irish pub, they always know how to pour a Guinness correctly.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

Just the fact that dude is passing up playing Son of Bazerk and Roy Ayers to rock a CHiPs 45 is

unfortunately those records were not in MY bag that night. It was all about roller boogie at that soiree

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    I know tattoos are some people's thing, but aren't they about played out by now? They used to be interesting when only a few people had them, but now that every high school cheerleader has multiple it just seems cliche.

whatever dude. You're played out.

Why do you even bother to post sometimes?

It's a serious question. Tattoos are a fashion statement like everything else. Like I said, 20 years ago they used to be almost unique and occasional, now most everybody under 60 has at least one. For people that have tattos, it's gotta be something you think about. opinions?

You want an opinion? With a push-up bra you could have a nice rack of lamb going on up there!

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!![/b]

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    This is a terrible pic, but it's all I got at the moment:

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    That was a long time coming I*n...I'm glad you finally did it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    This is a terrible pic, but it's all I got at the moment:

that shit looks tight. is it a pirate ship? I was gonna get a pirate ship.