NON RAERS YOU SLEPT ON (RR)

2»

Comments

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts

This is not a non raer, I never met this one in years of digging. A friend gave me the copy I own... But it is obviously under rated (again!). As you can see it features Joe Lee Wilson singing and there's a sung version of "soft as rain" that is absolutely transcendent if you're into deep spiritual jazz / blues, YOU NEED IT ! You can find it online on the site of a famous parisian jazz store (that is reputed for pricing too high) for 15 euros. "Soft as rain" is priceless!!!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    to me a non rare is a common[/b].

insider record dude lingo noted: "commons & hits"

---

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Edmund Sylvers - Have You Heard

This shit is Off The Wall Lite. I finally copped after being apprehensive of the Sylvers 80's output.

Time =

That Burning Love - written by Rene & Angela - covered by Plush!!!!

The album as a whole is weak but on certain tracks he pulls off some of the best Micheal Jackson clone shit.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    These are artists that have already been mentioned but I would go for some different titles....

-Bobby Womack "Pieces" maybe his best album.
    -Evelyn King "I'm so in Love" ..."What are you waiting for"+"The other side of love" are nice but there's much good stuff.
    -Dionne Warwick "Then you came" is also very nice. It's a different sound than holland-dozier-holland.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Edmund Sylvers - Have You Heard

This shit is Off The Wall Lite. I finally copped after being apprehensive of the Sylvers 80's output.

Time =

That Burning Love - written by Rene & Angela - covered by Plush!!!!

The album as a whole is weak but on certain tracks he pulls off some of the best Micheal Jackson clone shit.

mmmmm. good to know. i'll check for it.

i never slept on it, but anyone sleeping on Ahmad Jamal "live at the pershing" with poinciania needs to rise from slumber. its in every thrift store and is perfect dining music.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Max Roach - "members don't git weary." Caught this today and have no idea how I missed it for so many years, considering I'm a fan of both the Atlantic label and roach.

Also, I passed on a copy of esso steel band on WB today for cheap. Are kids really checking for this? I'm not gonna loose sleep, but I was surprised to see what it seems to go for.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    cosign on members don't git weary but there's no way that is a common record...dig those rhodes on absolutions

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

slept like Rip Van Fuckin' Winkle on this one.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

To be honest, I never saw these two albums (nor Love's Da Capo) that much in the field to call them "non-raers" - maybe it's a regional thing? At any rate I do own the Esquires and Love albums and yes, they are worth finding.

Have to say, I see the Esquires LP in every store I go
    to - probably the most common 60's soul LP in this area.
    But I also co-sign that although it is an easy find, it is not
    to be slept on. "How Can It Be" is a top song of all-time for me.

PS
    Come to my yard sale next weeek, I'll have $1 (label-damaged) copies
    of the non-LP "Girls In the City" 45

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    cosign on members don't git weary but there's no way that is a common record...dig those rhodes on absolutions

Oops, didn't see the definition of "non rare" above.

But, sooo, can anybody tell me what the deal is with that esso steel band on WB? (no hijack)

"How Can It Be" is a top song of all-time for me.

Definitely !!! Also lovin' it a lot.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    The Deele "Street Beat"
    T-Connection "The Game Of Life"

• spend the .99 cents this thing cost the next time you see it. you'll feel like you ripped the seller off

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

To be honest, I never saw these two albums (nor Love's Da Capo) that much in the field to call them "non-raers" - maybe it's a regional thing? At any rate I do own the Esquires and Love albums and yes, they are worth finding.

Have to say, I see the Esquires LP in every store I go
    to - probably the most common 60's soul LP in this area.
    But I also co-sign that although it is an easy find, it is not
    to be slept on. "How Can It Be" is a top song of all-time for me.

PS
    Come to my yard sale next weeek, I'll have $1 (label-damaged) copies
    of the non-LP "Girls In the City" 45

i have both esquires records mentioned above...neither one is wicked rare or super-common, just sort of in-between...when they do turn up its usually for cheap

Talking cheap...

Never understood why this amazing record is so costless (even if a famous seller is able to sell it for more than $ 20...). NOT TO BE SLEPT ON, ESSENTIAL.

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts

slept like Rip Van Fuckin' Winkle on this one.

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
    Max Roach - "members don't git weary." this is hard to get. i have always asked $40 over the past 10 years and got it... this is awesome.

this is a true non raer that is so great it is not even funny...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    cosign the Esquires LP...found a nice copy for $4 awhile back and it's definitely a keeper.

anyway I will contribute this one. I know some people complain about Wax Poetics covering big mainstream artists like Bill Withers, but if it wasn't for articles like that I'd still be flipping right by classics like this.

(I still hear "Let me END your life" instead of "Let me in your life"...kinda puts a different spin on it)