Sunday NY Times Diggin' article

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    TURBO TERRIFIC

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    was wonderingn when the Thing would get mainstream press... i gotta say, everytime i think that place is done, it surprises me w/ something... tho, i can't stand going on weekends, too crowded...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I've copped from them in the past. U cant go on the weekends, that's crazy.

Ifthe got the Starbux treatment, I wonder if it would lose its "charm'.

Just sayin.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    TURBEAUX TERRIFIC

!!!!!!

"i'll be lucky if I find one good record all day"

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    was wonderingn when the Thing would get mainstream press... i gotta say, everytime i think that place is done, it surprises me w/ something... tho, i can't stand going on weekends, too crowded...

I doubt press will gain it many customers that will put in the time to make a trip worth it. I never seem to stop finding things there, but I have scaled to going about once a month now. I am concerned that soon I might have to get a real job that forces me to go on weekends, which might not be worth it.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Sam Brown, a 24-year-old writer and actor from Williamsburg on his first trip to the store, was trying to focus on Phil Collins. He hit upon a simple tactic.

"All of his records have white cursive writing on the spine," he said. "So I just looked for the cursive."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    @$&%^%$#

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i've never been on the weekends...it actually gets crowded at the thing? crowded being ten people or more?

during the week it's so nice and peaceful...and dirty as fuck. and yet somehow i always find enough stuff to keep me digging for another hour and then another...