GOAT live in 1968

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Dam Sly wearing little lord fauntleroy pants and doing the hambone. Shit is funkier than the underside of Shelby Steele's ballsack. I'd love to see who else dared get onstage with these guys. M'Lady at Ohio State

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thanks...that's how I want to remember Sly....not that Grammy bullshit.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    God only knows what Sly did with that check presented at the end of the show...

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

"summer-sounds showcase sixty-eight"

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Dam Sly wearing little lord fauntleroy pants and doing the hambone. Shit is funkier than the underside of Shelby Steele's ballsack. I'd love to see who else dared get onstage with these guys. M'Lady at Ohio State

'That's kind of groovy bread' - disconnected from the streets trying to be down...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    God only knows what Sly did with that check presented at the end of the show...

high -yield bonds no doubt heh heh

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

"summer-sounds showcase sixty-eight"

Yeah, this clip was taken from a summer TV show called Showcase '68, where various bands around the country competed for a cash prize. After the finalists were whittled down, they all came back for the final ep, and that's when Sly won his check. This concept was what you call MAAAAD , since many of the featured acts were already established hitmakers. Sly had already had his hit with "Dance To The Music" by the time that clip was broadcast.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the band is really rocking out & the audience shots show people sort of 'wiggling' a little bit...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Was that Ciara playin' the horn?