so im watching this record...

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4872373751&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1and im asking myself: if this is the most sought after library record HOW DOES THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER LIBRARY RECORDS TOP 10 LIST LOOK LIKE ???

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    libraries are so 2002! but maybe something like this,

2. stefano torossi - feelings
    3. kpm bigbeat or maybe soul organ showcase?
    4. prolly some janko nilovic shit
    5. themes dramatic suite?
    6. freesound?

• I got a little somthin on the Dennis Bovell KPM(s)

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

2. stefano torossi - feelings
    3. kpm bigbeat or maybe soul organ showcase?
    4. prolly some janko nilovic shit
    5. themes dramatic suite?
    6. freesound?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

indeed, just tryin to be objective.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    im just saying theres more to library music than just funk braekz, theres a lot of interesting experimental avant garde / electronic and jazz stuff out there too

seems like whenver the discussion of libraries comes up its like the same five predictable braekz libraries

i like that mindbender record though

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i hear what youre sayin, the question was what the top 10 most sought after ones were tho, not the 10 most slept on!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    libraries are so 2002!

true, digging trends change over the years, i still remember when everybody was into (dare i say it) CTI, or back when p-funk records was really hot items...
    i never got into the whole library scene, sure i caught acouple over the years but i dont know much on library stuff all together, still looks like they sell though... i know there has to be some real killers out there (and on that top 10 list)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i get them all confused, but those ones with the mohawks cuts (big beat Kpm?) on them are like the classic "i want them shits" libraries.

"beat me till i'm blue" =

there have been a lot of scrambles for certain libraries do to sampling. "shady blues" and "scrabble" come to mind instantly, but theyre more of a momentary craze

whabout afrorock?

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    whabout afrorock?

my preference would go to the de wolfe one ...

and for the "MOST SOUGHT AFTER LIBRARY RECORDS TOP 10 LIST", maybe the psycheground lp ?

• RonanRonan 86 Posts

true, digging trends change over the years, i still remember when everybody was into (dare i say it) CTI, or back when p-funk records was really hot items...

i just collect records, not in touch with any scene. whats wrong with CTI? some of my best shit is cti. explain somebody.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i just collect records, not in touch with any scene. whats wrong with CTI? some of my best shit is cti. explain somebody.

just kidding... but the CTI sound is mostly really dull. I'm not hating though.

I'm still happy when I find the good CTI records.

For the libraries:

there are SOOO many different library records. I still collect libraries. I'm still blown away by some sounds and styles. The big library craze might be over, but real headz still know the deal. fuck genres anyway!

the soul organ showcase is not that good though. same goes for most freesounds.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    [REYNALDO] YOU SOUND POOR [/REYNALDO]

• RonanRonan 86 Posts

just kidding... but the CTI sound is mostly really dull. I'm not hating though.

I'm still happy when I find the good CTI records.

thats cool, i like alot of ron carter stuff, freddie hubbard too.
    top 5 CTI?

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    whabout afrorock?

and for the "MOST SOUGHT AFTER LIBRARY RECORDS TOP 10 LIST", maybe the psycheground lp ?

Isn't "Vocal Shades and Tones" the most valuable de wolfe? then there's "My thing" by Sven Libaek which also goes high. And there's the one on Conroy which also sells for a lot. I think it's called "Feelings".

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    whabout afrorock?

Isn't "Vocal Shades and Tones" the most valuable de wolfe? then there's "My thing" by Sven Libaek which also goes high. And there's the one on Conroy which also sells for a lot. I think it's called "Feelings".

the conroy feelings press goes for peanuts (~300$) in comparison to the original on carosello ()

nice cover!

i didnt even know what a library record was when i hit these Peer Internationals way back in the early 90s for under a dollar each, i think the Big Hammer might chart into a top 30's list maybe...?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't get why STRINGTRONICS is so hyped anyway. Its good but it doesn't match up to other 'big' libraries'.

Feelings
    Reggae for real
    some of Eddie Warner's stuff
    Themes, Drama Suite and The Voice Of Soul

there's many more.

• RonanRonan 86 Posts

whabout afrorock?

HI, excuse my ignorance but whats afrorock?
    i picked up a record called afrorock the other day. its a comp from london i think( i'll have to check), anybody know what it is? bands Assagi, Osidiba(or something like that), Simba, Chaka...etc. nice record.

• RonanRonan 86 Posts
    Osidiba(or something like that), Simba, Chaka...etc. nice record.

OSIBISA not osidiba

whabout afrorock?

probably the most sought after kpm record
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4046220080

speaking of afro, anybody ever heard this joint:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4876750043&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
    looks quite interesting!

• RonanRonan 86 Posts

probably the most sought after kpm record

thanks

there's another afrorock by Vecchio. real nice.

do you know where a newbie like myself can actually
    hear some kpm shit instead of just stickin it on the wants
    coz of reputation like so many heads do?

i think theres been released at least two recent compilation double LP vinyl albums with various KPM material.

• RonanRonan 86 Posts
    cheers i must check that out.
    appreciate the help bro

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

whabout afrorock?

i picked up a record called afrorock the other day. its a comp from london i think( i'll have to check), anybody know what it is? bands Assagi, Osidiba(or something like that), Simba, Chaka...etc. nice record.

I assume you're talking about this Compilation:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1741

And if you want to hear some KPM tracks there's a compilation from a couple years ago called "KPM Soundclash".

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/kpmsoundclash.htm

• schifters is the schit...