Shure SC35C Cartridge Troubles??

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone else use this cartridge & have troubles with it distorting certain frequencies? Really annoys me sometimes.

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Yes. That cartridge is shit. I bought different ones and the problem was solved.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Ah, thanks, good to know, that explains so much. I shall look into something different.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    Anyone else use this cartridge & have troubles with it distorting certain frequencies? Really annoys me sometimes.

I had that one years ago until I read a magazine revewing many cartriges. They said SC35C have a very poor sound but is good for scratching (it don't skip too much and don't damage your records too much). According to them, the best cartridge (among those reviewed) for sound is the Ortofon OM Pro (it was maybe 7 years ago though).

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Fuck those carts.

They **WILL** eat the shit out of your records. Shure sent me these to review back wehn I ran turntablism.com, I used them for about 20 minutes and my battle records were absolutely shredded.... cue burns like a mutherfucker. 4 spins back and forth and I promise you, "bye bye grooves!". Get rid of those. Get the ortofons or if you wanna scratch get the Shure M44Gs. Still good for scratching and better sound quality. For cuts strictly, get the M447's.

peace.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    They **WILL** eat the shit out of your records. I used them for about 20 minutes and my battle records were absolutely shredded.... cue burns like a mutherfucker. 4 spins back and forth and I promise you, "bye bye grooves!". For cuts strictly, get the M447's.

same thing over here...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Yes. That cartridge is shit. I bought different ones and the problem was solved.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    That cartridge is shit.