THE MUSIC INDUSTRY HAS CHANGED MANNNN!!!!!!!!!!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE CATS OUT THERE THAT ARE PRODUCERS OR ARTIST ALIKE. YOU WILL NOT GET A RECORD DEAL PERIOD. UNLESS YOU HAVE RADIO PLAY AT LEAST IN YOUR CITY OR YOU GOT THE DJ'S IN THE CLUB PLAYING YOUR SHIT OR YOUR IN WITH AN ESTABLISHED ARTIST. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY CATS HAVE COME TO MY STUDIO WITH STRAIGHT FIRE. SHIT WAS INCREDIBLE YOU NAME IT HIP HOP, R&B, GOSPEL, COUNTRY(JUST KIDDING). SHIT IS CARZY MAN. I ACTUALLY QUIT MY JOB FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS AND GOT NOWHERE HERE IN HOUSTON. THIS IS ALSO WITH A PLATINUM ALBUM UNDER OUR NAME. THE BOTTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE TO GET SOMEONE TO CO-SIGN FOR YOU(NEW YORK). I HAVE A FRIEND WHO DID A TRACK FOR THE FIRST 50 CENT ALBUM AND HE GOT LITTLE TO NO WORK. RAPPERS ARE RUNNING SHIT RIGHT NOW AND PRODUCERS ARE BEING LEFT BEHIND. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE HAVE ALL THESE YOUNG CATS COMING UP AND WORKING ON TRACKS FROM THEIR LIVING ROOMS AND TAKING OUR RIGHTFUL SPOT. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE MY SHIT IS WACK OR OTHERS CATS BEATS ARE BETTER OR MY SHIT JUST AIN'T CUTTIN' IT. I GET SO MANY PEOPLE COMING TO ME ON A REGULAR THAT WANT OUR MUSIC BUT DAMN NEAR REFUSE TO PAY. SO FROM NOW ON I WILL MORE THAN LIKELY START UP A LABEL AND START PUTTING OUT MY OWN ARTSIST. I WILL PROBABLY NOT SHOP BEATS AS OFTEN ANY MORE. ITS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY. I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS. THE ARTIST THAT YOU SELL THE BEAT TO WILL ALWAYS BE ON TOP AND HE AND ONLY HE WILL BENEFIT FROM IT. TRUST ME WHEN THE MONEY STARTS COMING IN CATS START TO CHANGE AND THEN YOU SEE FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. IT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE AND ALMOST WENT TO JAIL(BEATDOWN). SO TO END THIS MADNESS AND GIVE ADVICE TO ALL YOU ASPIRING PRODUCERS AND ARTISTS. WORK ON YOUR OWN SHIT AND PUT YOUR OWN ALBUM OUT, BECAUSE ALL OF THE MAJOR LABELS WANT YOU TO DO THAT. YOU DO ALL THE WORK AND THEN WE COME A KNOCKIN'. AND WHEN THEY DO HIT THEY ASS UP FOR ALL THE MONEY YOU DESERVE.DJSTYLESWWWW.THECRAFTBEATS.COM YEAH I AM!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Respect man, but turn off the caps lock holmes!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN
    SHIT IS CARZY MAN

AINT IT THE FUCKGIN TRUTH

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    what the hell are you talkign about????????????????!!!?!?!?!?!?!?1/

TRUST ME WHEN THE MONEY STARTS COMING IN CATS START TO CHANGE AND THEN YOU SEE FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. IT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE AND ALMOST WENT TO JAIL(BEATDOWN).

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Yeah, the caps need to go, but I hear what you're saying. There's a reason I only ever aspired to be a bedroom producer. I know too many beat makers who are far more talented than I'll ever be, and they can't get the money/recognition they deserve.

• montymonty 420 Posts

the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Are you saying that when the money started coming in, Buckingham & Nicks started to change and then you saw them for what they really were? And you almost went to jail (beatdown)?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    TUSK

TUSK

YOU SAW DRUMLINE?
    DESTINYS CHLID HOLD MY BREATHE?
    MARCHIGN BANDS CHANGED THE MUSIC INDUSTRY
    AND TUSK STRATED IT
    GOOD POST

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    as King Tubby generally believed, learn how to build speakers. you'll make money that way. music is what you do in your off time.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE CATS OUT THERE THAT ARE PRODUCERS OR ARTIST ALIKE...DO ALL THE WORK AND THEN WE COME A KNOCKIN'. AND WHEN THEY DO HIT THEY ASS UP FOR ALL THE MONEY YOU DESERVE.

This is the confirmation that I was fishing for here... the game is different and has been for a minute now...

Favorite Topic! (toggle)

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    the bottom line man is that you need a manager. A high power manager, or else you are basicly stuck.

Its damn near impossible to get work on your own without hella contacts. Breaking in an artist is even harder. even big producers cant do that.

and 5 months is nothing. And unless it was a huge hit single, having a placement under your belt aint really much either.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE HAVE ALL THESE YOUNG CATS COMING UP AND WORKING ON TRACKS FROM THEIR LIVING ROOMS AND TAKING OUR RIGHTFUL SPOT.

yup. millions of em. Young cats on the move. COnsider yo spot tooken.

• montymonty 420 Posts

Are you saying that when the money started coming in, Buckingham & Nicks started to change and then you saw them for what they really were? And you almost went to jail (beatdown)?

naw, Stevie and Lindsey are cool - the last time i ran into Stevie, she gave me a big hug in front of the clients i was working for at the time (impressed the shit out of them)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    sorry about the caps. just sayin is it the same in your area? i'm gonna be traveling for a minute to see what's out there. like i said before i'm not gonna shop that much in the texas market so much anymore. too crazy out here. gonna head east and hang out with the best. i hate i have to do that but you gotta do what you gotta do. from what i hear in new york you don't stand a chance if someone can't co-sign for you. its who you know in the business these days. again the best thing to do is to work on your own project and finance it all the way. these days things are so much cheaper and much more accesible. gonna start enjoying the music again. not worth the stress you know.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE CATS OUT THERE THAT ARE PRODUCERS OR ARTIST ALIKE. YOU WILL NOT GET A RECORD DEAL PERIOD. UNLESS YOU HAVE RADIO PLAY AT LEAST IN YOUR CITY OR YOU GOT THE DJ'S IN THE CLUB PLAYING YOUR SHIT OR YOUR IN WITH AN ESTABLISHED ARTIST. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY CATS HAVE COME TO MY STUDIO WITH STRAIGHT FIRE. SHIT WAS INCREDIBLE YOU NAME IT HIP HOP, R&B, GOSPEL, COUNTRY(JUST KIDDING). SHIT IS CARZY MAN. I ACTUALLY QUIT MY JOB FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS AND GOT NOWHERE HERE IN HOUSTON. THIS IS ALSO WITH A PLATINUM ALBUM UNDER OUR NAME. THE BOTTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE TO GET SOMEONE TO CO-SIGN FOR YOU(NEW YORK). I HAVE A FRIEND WHO DID A TRACK FOR THE FIRST 50 CENT ALBUM AND HE GOT LITTLE TO NO WORK. RAPPERS ARE RUNNING SHIT RIGHT NOW AND PRODUCERS ARE BEING LEFT BEHIND. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE HAVE ALL THESE YOUNG CATS COMING UP AND WORKING ON TRACKS FROM THEIR LIVING ROOMS AND TAKING OUR RIGHTFUL SPOT. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE MY SHIT IS WACK OR OTHERS CATS BEATS ARE BETTER OR MY SHIT JUST AIN'T CUTTIN' IT. I GET SO MANY PEOPLE COMING TO ME ON A REGULAR THAT WANT OUR MUSIC BUT DAMN NEAR REFUSE TO PAY. SO FROM NOW ON I WILL MORE THAN LIKELY START UP A LABEL AND START PUTTING OUT MY OWN ARTSIST. I WILL PROBABLY NOT SHOP BEATS AS OFTEN ANY MORE. ITS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY. I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS. THE ARTIST THAT YOU SELL THE BEAT TO WILL ALWAYS BE ON TOP AND HE AND ONLY HE WILL BENEFIT FROM IT. TRUST ME WHEN THE MONEY STARTS COMING IN CATS START TO CHANGE AND THEN YOU SEE FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. IT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE AND ALMOST WENT TO JAIL(BEATDOWN). SO TO END THIS MADNESS AND GIVE ADVICE TO ALL YOU ASPIRING PRODUCERS AND ARTISTS. WORK ON YOUR OWN SHIT AND PUT YOUR OWN ALBUM OUT, BECAUSE ALL OF THE MAJOR LABELS WANT YOU TO DO THAT. YOU DO ALL THE WORK AND THEN WE COME A KNOCKIN'. AND WHEN THEY DO HIT THEY ASS UP FOR ALL THE MONEY YOU DESERVE.

DJSTYLES

WWWW.THECRAFTBEATS.COM

YEAH I AM!

one minute you're saying up & comers don't have a rightful place and then you are giving advice to up & comers?!?!?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what i'm trying to say is enjoy the shit and don't get streesed out. i'm not hating on the young cats coming out. i encourage them to do what they can to make it. my purpose for writing thi is to let people know how crazy the music biz is. its not tht easy to break in it. for producers its alot harder because of all the competition. it's cool but for people that have been doing it for many years and deserve more pay they just don't get it any more. people out of new york are calling us for work. and these are cats that have big hits under they belt. so i guess its no different anywhere else. just giving out info that some heads may need before they go out there and start expecting these grand things.