la revolucion de emiliano zapata on miami

taiconderogataiconderoga 123 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
so I'm waiting for a copy of this killer mexican record on the Miami label from the US. Been told it's a different mix or even another different record session than the mexican one on Polydor...can anyone confirm that?also, has anyone seen the later american pressing on Atlas?

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    so I'm waiting for a copy of this killer mexican record on the Miami label from the US. Been told it's a different mix or even another different record session than the mexican one on Polydor...can anyone confirm that?

also, has anyone seen the later american pressing on Atlas?

I've seen the 1st LP on a U.S. Atlas label. Have never heard of a Miami label release, however, this band has made 15+ LP's dating up into the late 80's/early 90's but ONLY the first two S/T and "Hoy" are worth a flip.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I had the S/T on Miami. Its no different at all. Just the US press.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I had the S/T on Miami. Its no different at all. Just the US press.

So can anyone shed any light on the 3 (?) original Mexican pressings? What was the quantity of each? Which pressings came with the poster? Are they all numbered/identified on the cover?

And isn't "Melynda" a shit-hot song?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    There's a version of the S/T with spanish vocals, right?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow--if there is, I'd love to hear it...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

no.

you might be thinking of El Amor

• so I'm waiting for a copy of this killer mexican record on the Miami label from the US. Been told it's a different mix or even another different record session than the mexican one on Polydor...can anyone confirm that?

also, has anyone seen the later american pressing on Atlas?

I've seen the 1st LP on a U.S. Atlas label. Have never heard of a Miami label release, however, this band has made 15+ LP's dating up into the late 80's/early 90's but ONLY the first two S/T and "Hoy" are worth a flip.

yeah, I'm waiting for a copy of the first s/t album. This Miami pressing apparently pre-dates the one on mexican Polydor and some people say it contains different studio takes. The Atlas pressing is from 1976, I think.