what kind of effects you using?

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
i am looking to get that efx 500 joint. i'm trying to find one for about 250 or less. anything else out there in that parice range that is killin it these days? i do not want a mixer with effects in it, so please refrain from suggesting that. i already have a ttm56, so i'm good in the mixer department.whats with the kaoss pad? anyone use that? how about that behringer thing for like, 100 bones? i am not to in to behringer stuff though...

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm glad you asked.

and a few others...

- spidey

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    right on man. i should have been more specific. i meant DJ effects.

but all those are dope too. and you may actually be using those with your DJ setup, but i am looking for something to gig out with, and i aint taking all that out with me!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    ive got one of thosze numarks with the built in kaoss... it gets the job done but is certainly not spectacular.. but cheap as hell on the bay.. i think i paid 200 for it after shipping

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    i just got a kaos pad the other day, but i haven't really gotten a chance to figure it out yet... from what i've had time to see, it looks pretty cool... it's got a little sampler on it, too, which is nice for airhorn/drops/etc., and it will automatically bpm stuff for you... i'll give you an update after the weekend, when i've had a minute to mess with it

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    For me I just use the headphones with the mic and when mixing I just make my own sound efx works best! And you look really cool! Just make sure your paying attention to the track your going to use efx on and just lower the vels on the trak and just echo out with your mouth... Simple and COOL... Now if your doing stuff at home the computer has the best stuff.... As for the Live DJ Headphones and Mic works best!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Yeh, I know. I'm just showing off.

- spidey

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    gig with this or yr soft

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    I got one that i could let go for 250.

it's pretty cool, i just don't really get into using the fx. right now it's just an expensive BPM counter and i could use the cash.

the BPM synched echo/delays are cool and i'll probably try to re-buy a used one in a few months when i can afford it...(or just sell my 54, and serato and get a 57)

holler @ my email cause my inbox is not working [email]djbarticus@gmail...i've[/email] bought a few things from other strutters if you want a refrence

peace

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Korg KP2 Kaoss Pad that I picked up used off eBay. Works well, sounds decent, and you can find them pretty cheap ($100-$150, cheaper than you are looking for). Honestly, I thought some of the effects were pretty - but you are limited to presets. Poor man's effects rack.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

+

=

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    just been using the 24 builtin effects on the sp404 lately...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    not sure what kp2s are going for these days, but i love mine and i use it on the regular, none of the fx are mind-blowin, but its got decent delays (dope dub echo), reasonably nice verbs and vocoder, and everything works well and is pretty intuitive. like i can set up a delay on my cuts, tap tempo the bpm and then use the screen to fine tune the delay time, works great for doubling cuts. i also like that the 10 buttons are set up for each group of fx, but can be changed for your own presets, like when i hit button 2, instead of getting the stock delay #1, i get my own 1/8 note delay settings for the 'hi-fi' delay that i use all the time. on the other hand, i have never used to the pioneer, and i recently got a lexicon rack fx unit, and the reverbs are miles apart. i use both for production, but for dj'in, i think the kp2 is hot buisness. my 2 cents...

• rsmeetsrsmeets 35 Posts
    damn.. those zvex pedals are crazy... i have a fuzz factory and it's sick.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    damn.. those zvex pedals are crazy... i have a fuzz factory and it's sick.

run yr braekz through that and watch everyone go from head nodding to the "not feelin this" . priceless.

did anyone by chance check out zvex' booth at namm? they were all dressed in bathrobes . i think i'm gonna cop the looper/analog-chip sampler next. pricey, but so worth it. too many graemlins in this post.