New PUTS album

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Just grabbed a copy of the PUTS - Stepfather lp that shit is FRESHHHthank god for those guys one of the few still putting out go music-save1

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    MY PUTS "STEPFATHER" TOP 5

1. You (this schitt is in my head 24-7)
    2. Days Like This
    3. Flex Off
    4. Step In
    5. Jamboree Pt. 1 (dude on the intro is )

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    There was a thraed about this the other day and I didn't get a chance to put my props on it, but HELL YES. Stepfather has been on blast for days on my system. The style is a little bit different, but its just as great.

The DVD is the bomb too. The commentary on Ice Castle is . The side project tracks are all dope.

Oh yeah, is the british bloke in Ice Castle DJ Yoda ??

Anyways its a top notch Hip Hop production. Lookin forward to checking PUTS next time they play the UK.

Peace. Lee.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    HELL YEAH! this album is ill, "you" and "more than you know" are on constant rotation.thes' verse on "more than you know" is some real sincere shit,i played it for the old lady and she was lovin it.and "flex off" is realy dope to me cause i've been waiting for someone to do justice to that starfire track.all in all the album is

peace,xavier

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts

Love that "Jamboree Pt 2"'s beat...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    are there sound clips of this anywhere?
    Couldn't find any the last I looked

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I really appreciate the fellas growing with every record. I mean, it's sad that more groups aren't like that.

@ Thes yelling "ta da-aaaaa!" in a verse
    @ Double K's Funkadelic-tassley shirt
    @ Thes winning on Price Is Right
    @ Double K as the host on WEFUNK (the end of that cut is beautiful)

• YoYoPoYoYoPo 7 Posts
    Oh yeah, is the british bloke in Ice Castle DJ Yoda ??

don't think so. he's like the tour manager or something. met dude one time (i think ???). not sure about the guy that robs the ice though

the track I'm feeling the most is More Than You Know - banger! Brownout outro beat is fresh too

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I like that little mariachi side group thing on the DVD. ill!

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    What I want to know is, Did the OLD SCHOOL ever write back to Double K? I want to eat we these dudes!!!!!! But I wanted to hear somthing about eating Pink Taco's on Melrose or on Sunset & Sanborn and hagin out at the Bud Yard if they did ??? I also wanted to hear the flea scratch on two turntables from Peru...

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    I really got a kick out of that Pasadena swap -Moustafa no Offer verse.next level indeed.

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    Word to all of the above don't think i've heard chris & mike do a bad record in my life from next step to stepfather all bangers...I love more than you know that piano sample just rolls man, and crown ones yoyopo you lucky punk and Eat Street is great some killer cuts!
    Check Shoot Your Shot they did with Ugly Duckling, That loop on that track is just crazy infectious man !

• autezautez 404 Posts
    its a real good album. i think they couldve cut it down to like 50 mins and had 100% fire tracks. but its good either way.

intro
    flex off
    tuxedo rap
    days like this
    jamboree 1 & 2
    eat street
    brownout
    reflections
    you
    on and on

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    not sure what the tracks called but the one with the drum machine and the bob james fill is really addicting, cant get enough...

havent watched the dvd yet and ive had the cd for like 2 weeks now! gotta get on that...

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    not sure what the tracks called but the one with the drum machine and the bob james fill is really addicting, cant get enough...

havent watched the dvd yet and ive had the cd for like 2 weeks now! gotta get on that...

Ahhh..pass the 40..that is one on point track, you gotta check the DVD its real funny with the Commentry turned on! Studio stuffs REAL cool too!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    really growing on me (or I'm growing on it ) like Noonen did.
    Tuxedo Rap prolly wouldn't have been my choice for the lead 12" so I'm anxious to see what the follow-up will be.

maybe Jamboree? plaese.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    What I>is/I> the chorus to "More Than You Know" from? Amazing harmonies!
    IMG SRC=http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8526/nobreaks3fz.gif>

P.S. Working on a ???Tuxedo Rap??? remix with Dooley-O, will post when finished.

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    What I>is/I> the chorus to "More Than You Know" from? Amazing harmonies!
    IMG SRC=http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8526/nobreaks3fz.gif>

P.S. Working on a ???Tuxedo Rap??? remix with Dooley-O, will post when finished.

Sounds Pumpin' ! lovin' Dooley-O at the moment so it'd be great to hear that ! I'll keep my ears open for it on strut

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    [color:white]we just need him to say "Worst Search Engine on the Net!" and we'll be set.[/color]

• I really got a kick out of that Pasadena swap -Moustafa no Offer verse
    next NEXT level indeed.