Repping my local white experience

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Though I don't technically live in Carrboro, regrettably this site and song is fairly representative of my, uh, hood.http://www.itscarrboro.com/
It???s CarrboroBy Brian RiskLyrics: Brian Risk, Billy McCormickMusic: Brian RiskIt???s a place where the hippies and the hipsters meetGonna get my grub on at the Weaver StreetHoola-hoopers out front and they got some bare feetGot a lot of bongo drummers and a lot of different beatsI???m shoppin at Tha Weave - the total is twentyHe don???t pull out a Jackson, you know he???s droppin??? PlentyAt the Farmers Market I buy my spinichFor the prez I want Dennis KucinichWootini got a lot of funky toyzIf you disrespect you betta bring ya boyzYou know you gonna check my stance, my poizeC???mon Carrboro, let???s make some noize!If it???s locally owned: It???s Carrboro!Oganically grown: It???s Carrboro!Your heart will warm: It???s Carrboro!Got that hometown charm: It???s Carrboro!Raleigh and Durham and FayettevilleIf it ain???t in Carrboro it aint worth my skillI won???t even go to Chapel HillMy momma cools her pies on the window-sillVis to the Art to the VideoBlockbuster; Pay-Per-View; Netflix: NO!The Viz got the foreign flicks from Hong KongOver 21 room to get your freak onIt???s Sunday night; sportin??? my bling blingOCSC! get that dollar YeunglingChillin??? on the crux of Bim and FidelityC???mon Carrboro let???s kick some melodyWith wide bike lanes: It???s Carrboro!And whole wheat grains: It???s Carrboro!Who???s the best in show: It???s Carrboro!Where you wanna go: It???s Carrboro!Tylers and Acme and Spotted DogSo close together, G, you won???t have to jogBeehive Hairdo next to Maple Viewgonna get my ink on down at Glenn???s TattooEvery Fall it???s got a mackin??? music festIts the Paris of the Piedmont it???s been confessedIt passed the test, it???s passed the rest.Like Ron Jeremy Carrboro???s been blessed!We???re cookin??? music so good the Cat???s Cradle meowedShowin so much respect my sensei bowedWith public schools to make your momma proudC???mon Carrboro let???s shout out loud!Babes at Padgett Station: It???s Carrboro!Mike Roig???s metal creations: it???s Carrboro!Club nova thrift store: It???s Carrboro!A DSI encore: It???s Carrboro!OpenEye Cafe: It???s Carrboro!it???s cool to be gay: It???s Carrboro!The kind of dunk you slam: It???s Carrboro!Where we dropped this jam: It???s Carrboro!
And you wonder why I'm ass-hurt.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    What was up with folks getting shot at the "Apple Chill" a couple weeks ago though??

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    I heard that last week on 89.3.

Initially, I assumed it was some awful hippie rap, then I slowly began to laugh...by the time they got to the "Open Eye Cafe/cool to be gay" couplet, I dubbed them geniuses and hold that work in high praise, if for nothing more than making it past their living room.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    What was up with folks getting shot at the "Apple Chill" a couple weeks ago though??

According to a friend who saw it, it was described as 'female drama.'

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

and from the side:

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

People seem to get shot at the not-officially-sanctioned "After Chill" every year. The official "Apple Chill" is now officially cancelled as a result. (and also because local businesses complained it hurts their sales)

It's so funny that Apple Chill is basically a lame, boring family-oriented pottery-and-hotdogs event, while the After Chill is on some get-hyphy ghostride your motorcycle while packing a glock drunk shit just a block away. Yin and Yang for real.