looking for orch baobab "pirate's choice" lp

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited May 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
...cant find this anywhere - not good for my confidence in being able to find records Can anybody help me out? single lp w/ the original cassette tracks, released by World Circuit in '89.thanks!

Comments

• it looks something like this:

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

Wish I could help...I only have the recent CD reissue. Great music though. Also, after reading this:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/fbeat/africa/07-disco/07052.html

It says that the 2001 CD reissue was remastered...are there major sound differences between the recent reissue and the original 82/89 recording masters? Am I missing out?

• as far as i know, you're not missing out: the 2001 cd was lovingly remastered from the og tapes, whereas the 1989 lp is a sort of transfer of the cassette(!) it was sold on. Despite that, it sounds fine (recently heard it played over a big system - no problem) and i'd really like to have it on lp.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    sounds fine on the '89 lp.
    never actually heard the cd recording but i can only imagine world circuit doing a much better job on mastering it that any cassette transfer to lp from the late 80's.... although when you listen to the awful mastering of early Etoile Dou Dakar stuff on that Stern's series maybe five or six years back, it is possibly to completely botch a "remaster".

pirate's choice was actually issued as Ken Dou Werente on MCA in '82.

the world circuit lp issue shouldn't run you more than $20 - $25 tops once you find it. wish i had a spare to offer.

peace.

• JamesEJamesE 35 Posts
    I have a spare of this.

Get in touch mate.

• check pm's!

• James E = that dude.