Hey Toronto!

2»

Comments

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Slush, are you a fellow UofT employee??

i am working for archive.org. But our office is on the 7th floor with the UofT IT dudes.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    um plaese speak more on the toronto food scene.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    so yes, I revisited the soon doo boo tofu joint b*lly posted aboot today. I am eagerly awaiting the spicy poo now to go along w/ my soju and strongbow........BWOIIIIIIIIIII!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    damn a full on moog audio? that's gonna be sweet... though if the wax is as slamming as the fine selection at moog montreal than im not losing any sleep...

but i kissed the golden horseshoe goodbye at the top of the month. Now soaking up the clean ocean air.. and i get to take a ferry to work!

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    haha ya that store is

• Options
    Yeah, Halifax harbour is some of the cleanest waters known to man. Anyone for a poo sausage?

K.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Moog is gunna carry vinyl as well.

Moog will be sharing that new space with a record store like they did at the old spot. they won't be selling the vinyl - there will be a proper record store in there as well.

stay tuned.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I look forward to droppin by some of these weeklies that y'all are involved in in August. I'm movin back to Toronto once my three years here in Vancouver are over.

GOOD TIMES

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I'm in T.O. as well...

Who's going to the record show on the 20th @ the Gladstone?

I can be found rummaging behind hot dog venders carts on Queen st. for rare Polish jazz records.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    I'm in T.O. as well...

I can be found rummaging behind hot dog venders carts on Queen st. for rare Polish jazz records.

But the question is, do you pick favorites when the hot dog cart wars go on @ Queen & Spadina? Who's side are you on? Or is it strictly who brings the heat? I'm hoping we can still be friends!!!

Well the guy with the polish sausages for sale always has the multiple sealed copies of Novi Singers and the guy with Italian sausages for sale has all the Lesiman librarys .. so I like to stay out of their turf war and I just grab shit from both dudes.

yea we can still be friends

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    I'm in T.O. as well...

ya I should be there, that hot dog price war is halarious. Why dont they all just sell em for 2 bucks, theyd make more money.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ok I'm back in town now, are folks still interested in doing this? When are you here till danno?

sejong - only k bbq spot in the city using charcoal grills I think. There is chap chae for bassie, I hope

cafe 668 - the perennial choice for now/eye writers for best veg spot in the city. It's good, but I wouldn't call it the best. White folk love this place.

graceful vegetarian - Now this is the best veg spot in the city, in market village right beside curry's.

Magic wok - my fav all around chinese spot, everything can be described in one word...."fresh"

hanoi 3 seasons - northern style, not like the southern style that is more popular.

throw some suggestions out, I'm trying to think of a place that can accomodate a large group, with dishes that can be shared. Also some place we can shoot the shit and won't be rushed to leave. Price isn't an issue w/ me, but I would assume we want to keep it at the $25 mark per head so people are more inclined to come oot. A few drinks could help too, to prevent the dreaded real world "record talk".

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    ok I'm back in town now, are folks still interested in doing this? When are you here till danno?

sejong - only k bbq spot in the city using charcoal grills I think. There is chap chae for bassie, I hope

cafe 668 - the perennial choice for now/eye writers for best veg spot in the city. It's good, but I wouldn't call it the best. White folk love this place.

graceful vegetarian - Now this is the best veg spot in the city, in market village right beside curry's.

Magic wok - my fav all around chinese spot, everything can be described in one word...."fresh"

hanoi 3 seasons - northern style, not like the southern style that is more popular.

throw some suggestions out, I'm trying to think of a place that can accomodate a large group, with dishes that can be shared. Also some place we can shoot the shit and won't be rushed to leave. Price isn't an issue w/ me, but I would assume we want to keep it at the $25 mark per head so people are more inclined to come oot. A few drinks could help too, to prevent the dreaded real world "record talk".

If the toronto folks settle on a date for this, lemme know & i'll hop on the next train!

Price isn't an issue w/ me,

I'm down man, I'm good with any one of those spots.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm in town until September, minus some weeks abroad here and there.

Good food is good food; I'm game for any place most any time.

When ever, where ever! I'm in 4 da food!!!

This early in the morning I can't think of anywhere to eat so I dun care where we go.

Asian Legend on dundas, but downstairs? Hmmm maybe not...

Side note:

I had those wicked empinadas in the market lastnight! Damn I love eating!!!

this is my pick!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Asian Legend on dundas, but downstairs? Hmmm maybe not...

I was just there the other night. Adequate, but not particularly noteworthy. I say pass as well.

Why don't we do a night in the last week of June? Maybe on a Friday or Saturday?

Why don't we do a night in the last week of June? Maybe on a Friday or Saturday?

My vote is that you cater said event.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

this is my pick!

This restaurant sounds amazing. Where the heck is Markham? Is it far from downtown?

UH HUH...

But I dun mind... Is it anywhere near First Markham place? I can pick up my beef from there to go along with veggies...