Hey Toronto!

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I'm TO and I'm not going anywhere for at least a month. There are bunch of you I've never met. Let's change that. Seriously, I've been away from Toronto for so long that I don't know what's what anymore.

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I'm sure we can get a few folks together for a bite to eat, b*lly and I have been talking about it for a while. Refresh my memory, but the Toronto folks I recall are K, miss bassie, dor, cholera, moss, dubious, cahoots, and some dude w/ a name that starts w/ a "S"...

weather is quite awesome today....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    slush, atorontobrotha, alieNDN, beatchemist, cahoots, mojoworkin, graham, cheque da edit...

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    the mixcd will there when you get back home if you haven't already recieved it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm thinking about heading down to Cosmos West after work.

I'm always down for food. And like I said in another post... Aser will treat us all!~

HAHA!

And with that... Let me just say since our convo Aser. All I think about is:

Dun forget PEK

I've been tryin' to get that guy out forever...........

Oh and dun forget tuneup!

what time is that going to be?...i don't know why i'm asking, i just spent a stupid amount of money on records this week.

f*ck.

ok - what time might you be there?

If you are thinking about coming. I will go whenever it's best for you. I can show you the pure craziess (Basement & backroom)... I wanna post pics, but I dunno if Aki wants me flossing some of his raers.

if ur down, let me know what time and I will even meet up with you where ever!

PMing

PMing

Kinky

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    that food looks too good... now i'm starving!!

on a related note... i been thinking about moving to canada next year. probably victoria since i have some friends out there... but now, as an american wanting to become a canadian resident, is there any kind of paperwork i should be doing as of now?? 'cause if i go there, it's gonna be to stay... don't wanna get stuck with a short-term visa or no work permit or whatever... i've pretty much had it with the politics over here... looking forward to relocating up there eventually.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    return of the bimbaps real hard paps....

I'm actually meeting up w/ cholera after work for a bite to eat. I was planning on either checking mexitaco or k-town. I haven't been to that spot for a while, but all I can say is spicy poo!

that food looks too good... now i'm starving!!

on a related note... i been thinking about moving to canada next year. probably victoria since i have some friends out there... but now, as an american wanting to become a canadian resident, is there any kind of paperwork i should be doing as of now?? 'cause if i go there, it's gonna be to stay... don't wanna get stuck with a short-term visa or no work permit or whatever... i've pretty much had it with the politics over here... looking forward to relocating up there eventually.

SOOOO GOOD. And cheap!!!

As far as moving here. It's much easier to get here than it is for us to get down there. But it's still takes effort. You should be looking into it now. But in all seriousness. Marry a Canadian first HAHAHA...

i think you eat meat, so you'll probably have a better time, but be warned that their idea of veggie is the timeless and tasteless classic: the frozen trio of green beans, corn and cubed carrots.

have you tired el trompo in Kensington? it's reallllly good there.

but all I can say is spicy poo!

HAHAHAHA

• navydadnavydad 30 Posts
    tacos el asador @ bloor and clinton is the truth. better than mexitaco IMO.
    although that joint in kensington is great too, just like missbassie said.

the new cosmos west logo is spicy poo! i know i've seen that shit before.

C&D on saturday for sure!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

yup, but I haven't been in a while. Supposedly they changed ownership last year and the quality took a turn for the worst.

I had pancita (spicy tripe soup) at tacos el asador and it was not so good, the tripe was overcooked, way too chewy/rubbery.

Since you're a vegetarian (I think), I recommend we should all go to Graceful Vegetarian. It's at Market Village, right by curry's. IMO the best vegetarian restaurant in the city, and dare I say one of the best Chinese restaurants also. It measures up to the meat establishments.

yup, but I haven't been in a while. Supposedly they changed ownership last year and the quality took a turn for the worst.

I had pancita (spicy tripe soup) at tacos el asador and it was not so good, the tripe was overcooked, way too chewy/rubbery.

Since you're a vegetarian (I think), I recommend we should all go to Graceful Vegetarian. It's at Market Village, right by curry's. IMO the best vegetarian restaurant in the city, and dare I say one of the best Chinese restaurants also. It measures up to the meat establishments.

i'm down. i love going up there, it's my old neighbourhood!

that tall dude at tacos el asador is so obnoxious - kills the vibe everytime he opens his mouth. anyway.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

thanks for that... it IS helpful info for me! all the info i needed is here.

• Options
    Um, page me Dan.

I trust you guys know about this:

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=644433&an=0&page=0#Post644433

Also be dropping tunes with my friend Matt on the 20th at Cloak and Dagger.

K.

Also be dropping tunes with my friend Matt on the 20th at Cloak and Dagger.

And I'll be there this Saturday with Special Guest Mr.Attic.

there's PLENTY to do!!

• Options
    Don't miss this folks. Roger is dude. y'all know about MissB already.

K.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts

what time is that going to be?...i don't know why i'm asking, i just spent a stupid amount of money on records this week.

f*ck.

ok - what time might you be there?

I went by today, theyre still setting up, cleaning and pricing records. Definately still worth going by, they have a lot already out. Moog audio also just moved out of kops and they have a new shop on queen west of spadina. They are also still setting up.

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    I was wondering about Moog Audio. I saw them loading their shit up on the weekend.

I wonder what will go in there in its place? The only way to get to Kop's is through the main floor, so it's gonna be tricky!

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    right now they just have their cheap bins filling the space. Moog is gunna carry vinyl as well.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    some dude w/ a name that starts w/ a "S"....

im so low key

catch me at robarts library 7th floor

whats good, the sun is shining. toronto is wilding

cosmos west is looking very pleasant. much less caustrophobic than the first

im so there for that shit on saturday

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I gotta come down to hogtown this month to chill with the crew.

Anything poping in may? Are folks gonna check out the toronto jazz fest?

peace

h

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

Well all u fools just missed Miss Bassie, her bro & I at Cosmos West. We bought everything and there's nothing left. No rekords in toronto...

There's something about walkin' Queen St in great weather which makes living downtown really amazing. Did we set up a food date yet? If I have to eat at a veggie place, maybe B.Y.O.M. should be in effect...

Slush, are you a fellow UofT employee??