Bad (insert name) is betta than good (insert name)

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
after the Curtis thread I rechecked out the 3live LP's I have from him. (Curtis/ Live!, Curtis Live in Europe, and Curtis in Chicago). and even thought Curtis Live in europe is from '88 and nowhere near as good as the other 2 its still better than a lot of stuff from a ton of other artist. The shit made me think about what other artists not-so-great output is still better than most others output.so far heres who I got:-Ella Fitzgerald-Curtis Mayfield-Willie Mitchell-Radiohead-Belle & Sebastian-David Bowie-Gwen McCrae

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Curtis Mayfield > Willie Mitchell > David Bowie > Radiohead > Ella Fitzgerald > Gwen McCrae > Belle & Sebastian

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Belle & Sebastian = the most emo thing you can admit to on soulstrut without acheiving "poptart" status

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    Bad late 80's rap is better than good mid-2000's rap.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i don't know if they're emo, but i know they fucking suck

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Prince ?

Mediocre Radiohead/B&S/Bowie/Gwen does not outshine the competition as far as I'm concerned.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Belle & Sebastian = the most emo thing you can admit to on soulstrut without acheiving "poptart" status

Don't you think, at this point, you've achieved "poptart" status without the help of sacless music like Belle & Sebastian?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Prince ?

Mediocre Radiohead/B&S/Bowie/Gwen does not outshine the competition as far as I'm concerned.

ehhh it's all relative to what you like, but if you still listenvto current (not modern) music Belle & Sebastian are on of the sbest things out there (IMO)

Prince and early 90's hiop-hop are another good example

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Don't you think, at this point, you've achieved "poptart" status without the help of sacless music like Belle & Sebastian?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

yes, but fuck it, at least I did it my way

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    please "upgrade" your musical diet with a copy of Slump and Grind and some Texas Rap

that is all.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is bad slump and grind better than good Texas rap?

• deja vu, dude... that slump & grind is tha shit!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    is bad slump and grind better than good Texas rap?

Yes. Look no further than this unsolicited testimonial:

deja vu, dude... that slump & grind is tha shit!

THE WAFFLE DON'T LIE.

psTHNAKyou

• awallawall 673 Posts

-David Bowie

i don't know about this.

ever heard "The Laughing Gnome"?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

-David Bowie

i don't know about this.

ever heard "The Laughing Gnome"?

BOING.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

yes, but fuck it, at least I did it my way

Hey: Tigermilk is one of the most musically enjoyable 90s UK pop experiences I've ever had. Really.
    Also one of the emptiest, lyrically. But take out "Electronic Renaissance" (flow disruptor), and you have a five-star album. Although you'll only find it in the "False Melancholy" "Ennui/Artsy" sections of the whitest record store in town.

Because too much sac = SausageFest '05. And no one likes that.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    belle and sebastian were intersting for about ten minutes... up to the boy i nthe arab strap.. then its been diminishing returns since.. Step IntO My Office Baby???? TOTAL FUCKIN SHITE...

they suffer from stereolab syndrome.. get famous.. milk your crowd and pump out ever shittier albums while people still seem to proclaim you're genius.

i would say bad Emmit Rhodes is better than Good Belle & Seb anyday..

frankly i think if a record is bad its just bad.. bad bowie is still horrible.. doesnt make me want to listen to tin machine just becuase Low is one of the greatest albums ever made.

shit is still shit

and shit always smells

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    that said bad Boogie is still better than good modern soul