Dems will take the House in the fall

13»

Comments

• You get no argument from me that we are not be governed by the best and the brightest at this moment. You get no argument that the current administration is totally corrupt and is handing over the national treasury to Bush's family friends. But Chomsky is saying something much more ominous.

I have always found his analysis overly simple. For example, his take on the the cold war. noam's cold war theory I find his thinking on the subject ridiculous. He is in essence saying that America kept the Cold War going when it could have settled things amiably. That it was another ploy to keep the man down. Notice how he almost excuses Soviet eastern bloc aggression when talking about prague and berlin. Notice that he does not mention communist client states in the west like Nicaragua, Cuba or in Africa (Angola, Mozambique) Why because that would imply that the Soviets weren't being nice little boys either. He simply cannot get his head around the fact that it is a far more complicated world than we would hope. So though I think he makes good points (for example, that end of the cold war would bring on imperialistic tendencies in the west), he throws the baby out with the bath water everytime to prove his tired theory of total corporate dominance.

Well, I'm glad we can agree on some points. To be truthful, I am not that familiar with the subject of the Cold War. Your critique is interesting though. I'm gonna do some research on this....

I'll get back to ya...