Options

Weekday finds

2»

Comments

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    most of the psyche is in awesome shape.

Yeah, the ISB is a record my friends seem to enjoy pulling
    while digging with me at shows or on road trips...

Jimmy Scott is pretty ill - sings in what I assume is a soprano
    or high tenor, you think it's a woman if you don't know better -
    I saw him live a couple years back, dude is pushing 100 and sang
    like an angel. I seriously had tears running down my face just
    from the way he puts over a song.

Ok, its definitely him, i put it on and it totally sounds like a woman singing. the liner notes on the back (by nancy wilson) refer to him as "little" jimmy scott, and say how many female singers have patterened themselves after his singing.

i know whatcha sayin, actually playable psyche lps dont tend to show up, like, ever. usually.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    bicoastal (plus two e) digs

+a gang load more tapes, cds and recent rap dollar bin 12"s

• Options
    I think we can safely say you are killing it.

Is the "half of seven minutes of funk" really the
    full track cut in two 3:30 halves?

No, it's just the first half. Fixed the pic problem.

K in Canada

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    Picked these up this morning. Looks like someone just dumped their 12" jazz funk collection at the local charity shop. Some pretty nice UK only 12"s in there at ??1 each, here are some of the better ones:

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Good god kev

That group of 45s looks so insane to me right now.

i barely know any of that shit

Time for me to 'keep my eyes peeled in the field' for some of dat heat.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Yesterday was a nice day for me...

It began with a postman who brought my $ 10 (ten) OG EX copy of Weldon Irvine's "Time Capsule" on NODLEW... All my recommendations on this fantastic piece of wax!

Then I worked a lot...

Then I went into a secret place... An old studio where library music from a secret label was recorded in a secret time... I met the secret guy and bought a few LPs from him including the 2 best LPs from I MARC 4 on Nelson records (dope italian library... really dope and fat!), 3 LPs on Noshe Naim (recommendable jazz label), An excellent LP from Jorge Ben (Berenice, very funky), and about 20 other libraries "ear selected" with my good ol soundburger...

The best is yet to come... I didn't visit the basement! After long dicussions, I've been told by him that I might be discouraged by the quantity of records...

I think you might hear from me sooner or later in the sale classifieds with loads of killer libraries...

• Options
    Good god kev

That group of 45s looks so insane to me right now.

i barely know any of that shit

Time for me to 'keep my eyes peeled in the field' for some of dat heat.

Here's a snippet of Depression by True Movement

Alister,

Shit is insane. Getting about 1000-1500 similar titles. It was too many 45's to carry on my bike (plus I'd blew and inner tube and left my bike at this house).

Wait 'til I show you the 60's racer I'm buying off him.

His home system had an amp rack taller than me. "Me like it loud"

K.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Yesterday was a nice day for me...

It began with a postman who brought my $ 10 (ten) OG EX copy of Weldon Irvine's "Time Capsule" on NODLEW... All my recommendations on this fantastic piece of wax!

Then I worked a lot...

Then I went into a secret place... An old studio where library music from a secret label was recorded in a secret time... I met the secret guy and bought a few LPs from him including the 2 best LPs from I MARC 4 on Nelson records (dope italian library... really dope and fat!), 3 LPs on Noshe Naim (recommendable jazz label), An excellent LP from Jorge Ben (Berenice, very funky), and about 20 other libraries "ear selected" with my good ol soundburger...

The best is yet to come... I didn't visit the basement! After long dicussions, I've been told by him that I might be discouraged by the quantity of records...

I think you might hear from me sooner or later in the sale classifieds with loads of killer libraries...

Weldon Irvine is a cool snag. All the nodlew stuff is pretty rare. Not mythic raer, it had okay distribution, but a damn sight harder to find than any of the RCA stuffs.

People bitch and moan but you can come up online/mail order. nuff said

Moshe Niam is an interesting label. The best I've found is synchro rhythmic eclectic language - "L'ambi". Kind of like a library LP, but more expressive and out. Which reminds me, I think I had a request to upload this to wax*der*y....

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

LIFE IS HOW YOU LIVE IT

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    I'd love to hear this one

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I'd love to hear this one

• this dude still has a really nice voice, kept his chops up over the years. Nice sweet record tho' the material interest in it seems to have waned.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

Here's a snippet of Depression by True Movement

thats the buisness. Lovin the latin rock beat.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Everytime K. makes a finds post from now on I'm just going to save myself the jealously and skip it.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mostly Waxidermy fare....would post them there but I can't log on

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    Mostly Waxidermy fare....would post them there but I can't log on

cornelia is hott. check pm's..

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Intro to Craziness, you feeling that Rich? Wacky cover! I have dupes if anyone needs. Holleur.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Intro to Craziness, you feeling that Rich? Wacky cover! I have dupes if anyone needs. Holleur.

It's very....ummmm....crazy!!

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Everytime K. makes a finds post from now on I'm just going to save myself the jealously and skip it.

For real. Watching this shit from week to the next is starting to give me physical pain.