JEFF MILLS

2»

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    The "Kat Moda" ep is the sickest Mills record

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    1000fm and ja_bruce, thanks for links, lovin' it. DL'ing the Moodymann set now. He's one of my alltime favorites. Saw him play around 3-4 years ago with Theo Parrish, Marsellus Pittman and Rick Wilhite. OFF THE CHAIN! One of the most smoked-out house/disco/soul sets I have ever witnessed.

Saw him dj last year in Amsterdam with Carl Craig, shit was for sure. Theo Parrish is playing in A'dam this month as well I think, might go.

Was lucky enough to find some kdj for 5 euros a piece the other day in a local second hand store.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Since Theo Parrish was mentioned earlier, I figured a few of you may want this mix A HREF="http://rapidshare.de/files/19401641/Theo_parrish-live_in_detroit.mp3.html">InDetroit/A>
    not sure the year and its about 75 minutes long.
    Hope someone likes it

• but the biggest criticism I always here about the guy is that he plays (relatively) the same set at every gig. Without fail, he will play Derrick May's "Strings of Life" and his own classic, "The Bells."

Aw, mayne, those dudes can

I would feel a bit cheated if he didn't rock those tunes. That's on some back to the essence shit right there!

Ha! I remember quite some people feeling cheated when he played in the Paradiso here in Amsterdam a while back and he was playing nothing but disco..it was great!

You can find some of The Wizard mixes he did back in the day atdeephousepage just search in the dhp mix archive..also some dope footage on youtube:

Jeff Mills @ Liquid room Tokio

Jeff showing off some skillz on this exhibitionist mix part 1,2 and 3 wich i believe come off a DVD he dropped.

Music VIDEO for "The Bells"

• 313313 21 Posts
    i heard stories of mills playing on WJLB with three turntables and a 4 track back in 86 .

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Since Theo Parrish was mentioned earlier, I figured a few of you may want this mix A HREF="http://rapidshare.de/files/19401641/Theo_parrish-live_in_detroit.mp3.html">InDetroit/A>
    not sure the year and its about 75 minutes long.
    Hope someone likes it

I hope my neighbors don't mind a little BUMP this early in the morning. Shit is kickin' it right from jump! Thanks.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Can someone upload some of the Smiley songs? Thank you!