SoulTrip USA Record Show/Izzy's in Jersey?

coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I just received the following email.This Sunday we'll be at the SoulTrip USA record show at the East Brunswick Hilton, just off Exit 9 from the NJ Turnpike. There'll be dozens of dealers with tons of vinyl - soul, rock, you name it. Admission is $5 - no discounts, no early admission - doors open at 11 a.m., so you get to sleep a little later, and the show ends at 5 p.m. If you are TOTALLY into soul music, particularly Northern Soul, check out the itinerary of events at SoulTrip USA, beginning Wednesday night (April 26!!) through Tuesday night. DJs spinning hot dance numbers, live performances, meet & greets, and the record show are all included in the price of a $50 ticket. Tickets are available at IZZY's, so stop by and get yours! While you're at IZZY's, take advantage of our 50% off sale. We have a huge stock of vinyl that we've been pulling out of storage and onto the shelves for your music-collecting pleasure. I just ran across a bunch of amazing 45s by The Who, and those will be hitting the racks sometime this weekend. We keep digging up more great stuff every week, so it pays to come back and see what's new. Has anyone ever been to this particular show or Izzy's for that matter? I'm trying to decide if it's worth taking the trip or not. I just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I was thinking of going to this, not sure if it'll be 45-only.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I believe this particular record show has never been on the East Coast before, as the last Soul Trip was a few years back in LA. I do know one dealer who is setting up there, and he is 100% 45s.

can't comment on Izzy's.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Izzy's went through a couple problems, namely that Izzy died about a year or so ago. His wife still owns the place but their main employee basically runs it. They also had to move from a very good location to a really REALLY crappy one. They always had very good stuff but I'm not sure they're bringing in that much new stuff with their new place. I think they're just digging through all their old stuff that's been packed away for eons.