Options

Weekend FInds

13»

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    did a little record shopping this weekend...

rolling stones- metamorphisis ...comp put out against their will in 1975, that said it's pretty awesome... side II kills it w/ the Begger's Banquit/Let it Bleed era rock shit, including an amazing version of "Don't know why i love you", a stevie wonder tune that my boy Jon Oliver turned me onto via the Jackson 5 version (on the ABC album...) and a very fast version of "theme from turner" from "performance...

the bass that ate miami- v/a (all of them are maggotron, i believe...) ....great record i remember almost buying on cassette about 500 times at the Record Town or Strawberries at various malls in the boston area when i was 11 or 12... never bought it...

soul sauce- cal tjader ...groovy stuff, will be nice background music to smoke some ribs or pastrami to, if i ever buy a smoker...

wynton kelly- it's all right ...i've been a fan of his for years, but i never realized he had more "mainstream" albums, i had only heard his more straight jazz stuff... anyways, the title song is an impressions cover and the whole album is pretty tasty, w/ candido on bongos..

paul revere and raiders- just like us ...awesome garage rock... i would wager to say this is THE
    cheapest BEST garage LP, as it is in the dollar bins everwhere, yet contains some FIRE that stands up to
    alot of the collector's item classics...

wayne smith- teach me to dance ...nice 12" from 1986 on RAS records, with an equally nice song on the
    b-side... sometimes i forget that besides "slang teng" wayne smith had some dope tunes,,,

don't make me wait- peech boys... larry levan hottness... a double, but it was dead clean, so i had to snatch it...

hi tension- hi tension 12" ...dope british disco that i had the 7" of, but always nicer to have the 12"...

i also coppped some amazing record of a christian preacher from colorado talking the occult... seems
    like it's from the early 80's.. haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but i am pretty sure there are
    going to be some dope samples in there

20 bucks spent, not bad...