do people still buy tapes/cassingles?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
i keep seeing these shits at thrifts and flea markets. new boxes everyday and usually much larger quantity. or do they have to be super raerer?

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I see these at the trifts a lot. I will by the full length ones if they are good because I have a tape deck in the car, but cassingles suck unless they have some crazy remix I want.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    My dad had some boxes he had bought in bulk back in the 90s that he unloaded for something like $15-30 each (I think) on ebay... a lot of those were no-names though

Goodwill's probably still charging a buck each on those so I think you'd lose money at that rate

One $ hint though: 2Pac.

• Dude, you should sell some to my roomate. He buys quantity of random hip hop cassettes.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    i keep seeing these shits at thrifts and flea markets. new boxes everyday and usually much larger quantity. or do they have to be super raerer?

just went to music recyclery and went through a few boxes and found some dope tapes for the car...including that crucial pete rock jammy in the photo, ant banks, a nice boogie boy mixtape, beatnuts - intoxicated demons, soul coughing, etc.

still rock the cazzetts...cassingles not so much.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I put up some lots of cassettes on ebay a couple of months ago. The final bids broke down to about fifty cents to a dollar for hip hop cassettes, a dollar or two for old DJ mixtapes or rare groove tapes, and absolutely nothing for cassingles (there were some decent titles, too).