Ay Dizzy. U might like my exotica/funk/kitsch mix

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Up-tempo party big band, exotica, kitsch, Latin, Euro funk. Some old & some new. An indication of what we will be playing at our upcoming party. No hip hop, but kooky A-Go Go type of styles. Not for everyone, but silly fun for those who don't mind to 'freak out' every once in awhile. - Idiot Proof.::track listing::NICOLETTA - Aie aie carambaBRUNO NICOLAI & EDDA DELL'ORSO - Allora il TrenoBIG BOSS MAN - Sell Your SoulTHE BONGOLIAN - BongoheadHARDY's JET BAND - Big BeatNICO GOMEZ - RitualDJ MURO ft. GABRIELA ANDERS - CastawayPUSSYCAT - Ba Ba Ba Boof!SKEEWIFF - Watermelon ManCHRIS JOSS - You've Been SpikedBEATPHREAK - Lil HammondAPRIL MARCH - TriggersVIP200 - Gonna Make it EasyHUGO MONTENEGRO - Yo YoTHE VOODOO TRUMPET QUARTET - Medium VoodooFEMININE COMPLEX - Another ManJACQUES DUTRONIC - Le ResponsableCHARLY ANTOLINI'S POWER DOZEN - Uela UelaVINCENT GEMIGNANI - TitaniaMARVA HODGE & MOODY SEC - 00-43-GMGIGLIOLA CINQUETTI - Zero In AmoreKARMINSKY EXPERIENCE - Shall We Dance??? Download here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/chik-a-boom-volume-1-mp3.html 91MBs/66mins/192kbps

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Downloading now.... Thanks for thinking of me, sugartits!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Pretty dope. Thx... Listening at work!

Did the Hugo & Osmonds versions come out at pretty much the same time?

Thx again.

• Cool, glad you found it Dizz. I know you are into this stuff.

DOR: They are both from the same year. Everyone freaks on the Moog Power album & so they should, but Mammy Blue is a damn good 'un as well.
    The Osmonds version was a cover version of Joe South's original & oddly both these versions came out the same year in 71.

Thanks guys...
    Working on a new one, with Jankowski, Ferrer, Bistoni, some ye ye, some fruity UK big band stuff...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    that background on the cover is ... wish i could paint an entire house like that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nice mix and very nice cover IProof. Good luck on your endeavours.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Lovin it mayn.....

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

BIG BOSS MAN - Sell Your Soul

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I don't even have to listen to this to know I'll like it - downloading it now. Thanks idiotproof! That Gigliola Cinquetti was in my first (and so far, only) Soulstrut mix back in 2002.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I don't even have to listen to this to know I'll like it - downloading it now. Thanks idiotproof!

Many thanks, IP.

Peace

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I don't even have to listen to this to know I'll like it - downloading it now. Thanks idiotproof!

Ok I've listened to half of it - it's even better than I expected!

But I had to take it off to listen to a couple of French yeye girl 45s I just got in the mail.

• I don't even have to listen to this to know I'll like it - downloading it now. Thanks idiotproof!

Ok I've listened to half of it - it's even better than I expected!

But I had to take it off to listen to a couple of French yeye girl 45s[/b] I just got in the mail.

You know it... And I understand..

Wow.. Cool, thanks dudes...
    It's a tough crowd in here sometimes, but looking at who downloaded it I feel chuffed.
    Appreciate the feedback. On design & mix. Nice one fellas.

I know I download nearly every mix uploaded on here so felt I need to give back.

Marcosa, you need to do a new mix...
    From vague memory I do have your previous one burnt on a disk somewhere. I just can't recall what it was called.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Bro, im liking the mix.

It is a great way to get my 10 month old boy all excited too, and kids are a tough crowd.

dope cover too.