5 records that are getting heavy spins right now

13»

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

that's all that comes to mind.

• Carl Temple - Soul Day Theme (brighter world) 45
    Soul Crusaders - Soul Cruise (dialee) 45
    Ronnie McNeir - wendy is gone (prodigal) 45 sugary addictive modern soul pop,bad
    Black Uhuru - 'bad girl' aka 'sorry for the man' 12" tied w/ mr temple for my weekly favorite
    Will Crittendon -message from the 3rd world (raynard) LP

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Tom I'm having trouble uploading the M******y B**d MP3s... are you on AIM?

• johnny,

visual rocka = andy, lotusland = tom

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I've been listenin' to:

-"At Peace with Woman"-The Jones Girls.
    -"I Want You to Make My Life Over"-The Artistics.
    -"Waiting"-Bobby Hutcherson.
    -"Both Feet on the Ground"-Kenny Burrell.
    -"The Blues"-Lightning Hopkins.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ah! got it.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Neverenough, where did you find Negro E Lindo?

BEAUTIFUL record.

Got it from a dealer in Italy. I could do without "Rita Jeep," but the rest of the album is pretty damn close to perfect in my book. A really gorgeous LP.

I wish I had more records like this, but I don't and I'm weary of buying straight from Brazil.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

ALSO: "I Am What I Am" - Reuben Howell (fine white Muscle Shoals soul that I should mention over there in the Motown thread, since he was a Motown artist)

Is that from his 1st or 2nd LP? I often see that 2nd one for sale on-line ("Rings") and was curious about it. That 1st one is pretty RAER though.

SG

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts
    The Milton Chambers Experience- Journey To Planet Pluto/Milton's Maddle
    The Sand Dollars- Get Thy Bearings
    The Peddlers- I Have seen
    Bobby Womack- California Dreaming
    Christine Perfect- No Road Is The Right Road

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Ronnie McNeir - wendy is gone (prodigal) 45 sugary addictive modern soul pop,bad

bad = good...this is an all-time classic!

SG

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

bad = good...this is an all-time classic!

SG

Please to post

for me its been

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    In heavy rotation chez Cobalt...

I'm liking this more than I thought I would when I picked it up on the cheap the other day... in fact, it's really nice.

This is just a really amazing album, especially considering the story behind it. If I were facing years in prison, I'd make a much angrier album than this!

The raves about this album are pretty spot-on. Impressive.

Of course, I love the Sonics. The Elevators were amazing. The Wailers were original innovators and made some hellishly good albums. But for my money, in the entire wide world of "garage," this just might be the best of them all. It's always in heavy rotation...

This album is one of my favorite Argentinian rock albums. Great fuzzy guitar blasts (and even some good acoustic work) and the best cover evar.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

ALSO: "I Am What I Am" - Reuben Howell (fine white Muscle Shoals soul that I should mention over there in the Motown thread, since he was a Motown artist)[/b]

Is that from his 1st or 2nd LP? I often see that 2nd one for sale on-line ("Rings") and was curious about it. That 1st one is pretty RAER though.

It's from the Rings album. It's okay, not a lost classic or anything, but the song I mentioned is the highlight.

(Sorry for the late reply, but for some reason I missed this and didn't wanna just let it slide!)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    B0mp

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    45s

Clarence Coulter - ride on (psychedelic soul, war protest, lovely piano and harmonies on teh chorus)

Marsha Wilson - love is gonna get you (modern soul, intro is the best part but some funky flute action later on)

The Fabulous Counts - get down people (chugging funk - or "deep funk" when that was a thing? Or not deep enough? Real heads etc)

The Singin' Fools - love is a beautiful thing (Syrup-smooth hypnotic bongo soul) ("bongo soul" is now a thing) (although it's equally heavy on strings)

+

Trifle - is it loud?
    (rest of the LP isn't bad either but feeling this jazz-rock cut)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

Here are 5 records I'm feeling right now:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak