Secret Jesus Break...

RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
This has been one of the best kept secrets in SS break history... how long has it been now, like two or three years? I still have the original little sound file of it somewhere... anyway, Big ups Herm.

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    This has been one of the best kept secrets in SS break history... how long has it been now, like two or three years? I still have the original little sound file of it somewhere... anyway, Big ups Herm.

oh fo rilla? post that clip!

• not that secret

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    How much to reveal the name right here right now?

• not that secret

Herm sent me a copy of this a couple years back on some serious hush hush type secrecy. I played it on my old radio show once and the name of the artist was acciddently spilled.

it was not documented though and still remains buried under lock and key

(hi Belson)

• c'mon. it isn't even private.....

it just looks so corny.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    smalltimehuslte.com has a copy up for sale right now.

• i have secret jesus breaks for dayz

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I have secret breaks with Jesus every day.....

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

How about I take you by Rufus Harleys crib.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

• chasechase 767 Posts
    even if people have found out about it from word of mouth, the title or artist has never been typed on this board... I agree that is pretty cool ...

even if people have found out about it from word of mouth, the title or artist has never been typed on this board... I agree that is pretty cool ...

Your opinion surprises me Chase... its funny that a place that has grown too cool for Breaks has kept this one secret... its just an observation... nothing serious... you would think it would not matter... IMHO

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    smalltimehuslte.com has a copy up for sale right now.

Ahem, Philahobo....

JOO GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO!!!

Ha ha! Can I just say here and now....I DISCOVERED THAT SHIT!!!!!

Thank you.

Herm

Ok, I've called off the dogs.

Secret Jesus Break...vg+/ex...$15 HOLD

My man Herm in Tucson discovered this gem. Can't reveal the title (that will be left to Hermillio), but I found an extra in an inexplicable place. This goes: Long break followed by, "I want Jesus....to walk with me" followed by more long cracking break

HI T*NY!!!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    its funny that a place that has grown too cool for Breaks has kept this one secret...

but Hotsauce said dudes name, I thought it was Harold E. Balzack.

its funny that a place that has grown too cool for Breaks has kept this one secret...

Harold E. Balzack my Harold E. Balzack!

I never get tired of this... this girl has a face like a jackass...

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Your opinion surprises me Chase... its funny that a place that has grown too cool for Breaks has kept this one secret... its just an observation... nothing serious... you would think it would not matter... IMHO

I want to see you dudes go back and forth more often like the old days. Ahh the tearie eyes...

I still neeed the one that Tony is selling.

• chasechase 767 Posts

well I think I was one of the first to discover the secret... see I say "discover"... and not "was told". Our good friend herm was having a hell of a time giving me shit about this secret break, and the fact it was pulled from a spot I frequented... he was not to tech savvy at the time and made the mistake to tell me he had also won one off of eBay... low and behold in his feed back there it was... it soon resulted in a bidding war between the two of us on eBay, that once it hit like 15 bucks we both figured it was stupid... I let Herm win and he let me buy it from him at the same price... I have two copies now... and I don't know what coolhands is talking about.. I never see this joint... I guess that's why I like seeing that everyone is not up on it... I still like breaks, and this board has long been to cool for me.. (but I still love it)

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Ha ha. Sell me a copy I need one.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

$15 to name the actual name in this thread.

$15 to name the actual name in this thread.

I thought you were a baller.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    i have secret jesus breaks for dayz

YO! COOLHANDS ain't JOKIN at all!!!! FULL ON Dude played me some joints fo sho, MAJOR HEAT ROCKS FO DAYZ!!!! When I think of that record WOW (BIG GRIN ON MY FACE) can't front on the POSEM RUNNERS! Thanks to Coolhands for sharing!!!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    This joint is unknown?
    I remember Joey Beats "discovering" it 2 or 3 years ago on a dig in RI.
    Bearded piano or trombone player on a Xian label, right?

• i have secret jesus breaks for dayz

YO! COOLHANDS ain't JOKIN at all!!!! FULL ON Dude played me some joints fo sho, MAJOR HEAT ROCKS FO DAYZ!!!! When I think of that record WOW (BIG GRIN ON MY FACE) can't front on the POSEM RUNNERS! Thanks to Coolhands for sharing!!!

what up L...

yo that was a fun night for real. i still owe you a CD and i haven't forgotten.

i packed up my record room cause i'm moving it to my store i'm opening next week. i'll send it out then.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    wait a minute.

I havent even heard this 'secret break' from the heatrock auction, but based on what you guys are talking about, it sounds like the one I put on my side of the "Dope and Hope" mix a few years ago. It should appear within the first 15 min or so. Check it, I think Raj has it archived on the site.

...and just when did you discover this Herm?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    i have secret jesus breaks for dayz

what up L...

yo that was a fun night for real. i still owe you a CD and i haven't forgotten.

i packed up my record room cause i'm moving it to my store i'm opening next week. i'll send it out then.

a formal congrats on the new store dude!
    you're packing up all the records??!?!
    Friends of Sound records!!!! whoohoo

I'd like to unoffically ordain myself and GenePorticovo as the impetus for said store in the landmark, "I'm thinking of opening a record store" thread

and to stay on thread topic, the Jesus Break?? record is definately not an easy find.
    And Coolhands does got them ill breaks de jesus

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Herm posted his in late 2001 or early 2002.
    We talked about breaks a lot back then.

Damn, it's been a loooong time.

And just to clarify, by "discover" I mean "found record, posted audio and received 'flashing envelope' from Phill Most."

In the Age Of The Random Break On An Otherwise Wack Album, a "what the #@$% IS that?!" PM from Soulman was the ultimate cratedigger's fantasy.

Herm

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Damn, it's been a loooong time.

And just to clarify, by "discover" I mean "found record, posted audio and received 'flashing envelope' from Phill Most."

In the Age Of The Random Break On An Otherwise Wack Album, a "what the #@$% IS that?!" PM from Soulman was the ultimate cratedigger's fantasy.

Herm

So many opportunities for white text. You're slippin', holmes.

[color:white] that's right - slippin' into darkness, ese! [/color]