Plaese to buy this album

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I most definately will.

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    I downloaded it yesterday, and have been listening to it a few times. Will definitely buy it!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I met dude last year. he was all about myspace.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    They're performing @ Amoebas in SF today. 6PM.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I love The Coup and thought this album was disappointing. Not hattin cuz I love them AND especially what they have to say,been a fan since single #1. Perhaps I'm disconnected from the Oaktown skreets.

• I love The Coup and thought this album was disappointing.

For real? To me it's the strongest of their five records-- I've never had as many of their songs grab me right off.

BTW, they'll be on my radio show at 1 p.m. today. See the thread in the announcements section for details.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Yeah, I've been rocking this over and over in the whip lately. There's a couple of sleepers, but really, I think the shit's fantastic. They really get the right mix of fun/clever and serious. Nicely done.

For real? To me it's the strongest of their five records-- I've never had as many of their songs grab me right off.

The last album I've been diggin start to finish was Steal This Album. Party Music was not very good and had a few good tunes. This one is a vast improvement from Party Music, but I didn't buy it for $8. I wasn't moved enough. I bought PE-Apocalypse 91 on CD instead and 10 skillion moder records.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I bought PE-Apocalypse 91 on CD instead

This is not a very good album

Nah, you're right, BUT it has some tough tunes on it. I bought it for Can't Truss It, Shut Em Down, and By The Time I Get To Arizona.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    There's a couple of sleepers, but really, I think the shit's fantastic.

ps: http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blog/2006/04/boots-riley-interview-pt.html

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Nah, you're right, BUT it has some tough tunes on it. I bought it for Can't Truss It, Shut Em Down, and By The Time I Get To Arizona.

There's a couple of sleepers, but really, I think the shit's fantastic.

When is pt.2 coming?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    When is pt.2 coming?

uh probably before the weekend.

When is pt.2 coming?

uh probably before the weekend.

cool, looking forward to it.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    [ Party Music was not very good and had a few good tunes.

I dont agree- witht the exception of the Dead prez track - I thought it was the chain! Definitely up there with Steal this album.

"wear clean drawers" ?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    yeah I loved Party Music. This one was pretty disappointing the first time I listened to it, I'll have to give it another spin.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    You know what - I won't say that every Coup album has been 100% perfect but there are some albums that I return to, listen to, and think, "man, this hasn't aged well at all." I was listening to all the old Coup albums the other day and I was thinking, "goddamn, this is some good shit." They seriously might be one of the most consistent groups in music I know of. God bless.

They seriously might be one of the most consistent groups in music I know of. God bless.

cosign.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Not the most consistent album by any means but Lost At Birth is still one of the most jaw dropping openings to any rap album I've ever heard.

Haven't heard the new Coup yet but have been giving Genocide & Juice a lot of play this week in preparation for picking it up. Glad to hear it doesn't disappoint.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

damn boots has slimmed down.

or is that just the photoshop/flattering camera angle talking?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I'm loving picturing Spice 1 and Del hanging out together and rapping...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Nice interview Noz!

Got hold of the album and on first listen I remained unconvinced. However it's grown on me on replays and while I still find the first couple of tracks after that it's now undoubtedly gonna be up there in the album of the year 10 pager on Soulstrut.

I Just Wanna Lay Around All Day In Bed With You is absolutely stunning.

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Really liked this aswell, not fantastic as a whole but some tracks i definetly will get into more.

The record company i work is releasing this over here, hopefully someone will notice..

peace
    L