Kool Dj Red Alert is my hero

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
In response to Cosmo's post. I listened to this man religiously for over 15 years. Innovator and an original hip-hop personality yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhttp://www1.myspace.com/djredalert He was in the planet rock video and he broke all the native tongue/BDP/Ultramag/DITC joints !VERY UNDERATED YET

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah man, Red Alert is definitely one of my heroes as well. Without getting the chance to listen to him on the radio I still bought all his albums and understood his role and significance. Dude is dude of dudes no doubt. Him and Kid Capri were always my 2 favorite New York jocks.

"DJ Red Alert is a GREAT MAN..."

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i can appretiate his friendslist.

• One of the best Ultra songs ever, 'Bait' & K.O.P... Incredible...

I value the tapes I have of his shows scored from friends...

I remember a time when you could see him in the background for nearly every 2nd NY hip hop vid in the early 90s. Was funny... Play spot the 'Lert.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts

One of the best Ultra songs ever, 'Bait' & K.O.P... Incredible...

love that kings of pressure cut...

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    i think he gets shout outs or is name dropped on more rap songs than any other dj in history.

edit: now that i think about it screw might be up there as well.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Definitely a hero. I grew up listening to that dude, and nobody could compare. I really loved the fact that he was open to playing any and every record on his show, and as hip-hop grew and became more diverse, so did Red's show. During the 1990s, you'd hear him segue X-Clan to the Geto Boys to Lord Finesse to Tupac like it was nothing. I used to tape his show religiously, and now, sadly, I have none of the tapes left. I really miss those tapes.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    In the late 90's he was holdin it down on Hot 97 for old school at noon show. I thought he was always on point- but he was replaced by Mr. Cee - who's also a legend, but ya cant replace the propmaster!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yeah man, Red Alert is definitely one of my heroes as well. Without getting the chance to listen to him on the radio I still bought all his albums and understood his role and significance. Dude is dude of dudes no doubt. Him and Kid Capri were always my 2 favorite New York jocks.

"DJ Red Alert is a GREAT MAN..."

Cue up Mitch Ski, ya heard???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• In response to Cosmo's post. I listened to this man religiously for over 15 years. Innovator and an original hip-hop personality yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

http://www1.myspace.com/djredalert

He was in the planet rock video and he broke all the native tongue/BDP/Ultramag/DITC joints !

VERY UNDERATED YET

This dude is the reason I am into the rap music. I cherish my Red Alert tapes, and I can say without fear of being wrong that he broke more classic rap records than anyone. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh. Him and the Fox that Rocks the Box are on my voicemail greeting, but they're about to be replaced by a stupid doo doo serious drop from Mike Tyson, talking about "this is Mike Tyson, calling in on my way to Mars, and I'm listening to the Red Alert Show".

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    "this is Mike Tyson, calling in on my way to Mars, and I'm listening to the Red Alert Show".

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    "this is Mike Tyson, calling in on my way to Mars, and I'm listening to the Red Alert Show".

Man, I still cherish my KYS tapes. I love especially the one from New Year's Eve, 1987. I still pop that one in every now and then.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    In response to Cosmo's post. I listened to this man religiously for over 15 years. Innovator and an original hip-hop personality yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

http://www1.myspace.com/djredalert

He was in the planet rock video and he broke all the native tongue/BDP/Ultramag/DITC joints !

VERY UNDERATED YET

This dude is the reason I am into the rap music. I cherish my Red Alert tapes, and I can say without fear of being wrong that he broke more classic rap records than anyone. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh. Him and the Fox that Rocks the Box are on my voicemail greeting, but they're about to be replaced by a stupid doo doo serious drop from Mike Tyson, talking about "this is Mike Tyson, calling in on my way to Mars, and I'm listening to the Red Alert Show".

Do you have the one from what I think was his 10 year anniversary show? I remember driving around Manhattan running errands listening to that and just bugging out at the records he was playing, I'd love to hear that again.