The New OM(rock head related)face melt

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
holy christ...It doesnt come out for a week or two, but I listened to the new OM tonight. just two tracks....the first track sounds like it could be on "Tago Mago", no shit. 15 minutes of trance rock bliss. Second track is like the previous album, but drummer dude is pulling some Max Raoch shit..the pulse isnt on the kick, but the ride. Some upside down pocket shit. Holy fuck. rock record.fuck, it is good, cant wait until it really is released.It's THAT good.fuck.

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah this record is BANANAS dope.

yoga metal is the future

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I don't know this band, but your description made me curious. Sounds like something I would dig. Please to initiate the uninitiated into the seemingly wonderful world of Om.

• benjaminbenjamin 30 Posts
    can't wait to hear this, "Variations On A Theme" was easily the best record I picked up last year...anyone here seen 'em live?

• benjaminbenjamin 30 Posts
    I don't know this band, but your description made me curious. Sounds like something I would dig. Please to initiate the uninitiated into the seemingly wonderful world of Om.
    check www.omvibratory.com or www.holymountain.com

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i haven't heard this because i kinda don't like listening to advance mp3s, but i can't wait to get it!

anyone here seen 'em live?

no i haven't because I don't live in a tight-pants hipster mecca like Brooklyn or Portland, OR.

• yoga metal is the future

OM rocks hard like 5 sticks of Super Hit incense burning in a closet with the door shut and the light out.

Sonic

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    the first track sounds like it could be on "Tago Mago", no shit.

- spidey

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    cosign the om. a dopesmoker indeed.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    the first track sounds like it could be on "Tago Mago", no shit.

- spidey

oh yeah, youre right, Homeboy doesnt sound ANYTHING like Damo nor does the groove get in your insides with its repetition and simplicity...without being a ripoff... how could I have been so wrong?