I'll always wonder...(Curtis Related)

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    good afternoon

new to the forum, just thought i'd let you know something on this, from memory so a bit vague. This 7 is one of 3 or 4 genuine 45 promo's recorded with the band that made curtis/curtis live, and all, so it's master henry gibson, lucky thompson, etc. they were promo's pressed around 1970ish. they are acoustic demo's and they are magngnificent, there's one otherwise unrecorded track amongst them, all the rest are impressions tunes redone or tracks completed for albums from 70-72. have a good day - p.

Welcome to the board.

This is what a first post should be.

Dan

• and why aren't there people actively working to uncover/reissue stuff like the record above and that live houston(?) bootleg someone was flossing around here a little while back
    i think you might have that confused with this donny hathaway joint i picked up awhile back

which reminds me, i was supposed to send day a dub of it but never did

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

yawl need to making some CDRs of this stuff, cot dammmmmmm

and that Meters bootleg too, I've always been curious about that one...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

and why aren't there people actively working to uncover/reissue stuff like the record above and that live houston(?) bootleg someone was flossing around here a little while back

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking of. whoops.

....so how 'bout some mp3s?

• i'm not sure about making mp3s but i could send you a dub on cd and maybe you could make mp3s of it?

*day plaese pm your address again so i can send it to you as well*

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'm not sure about making mp3s but i could send you a dub on cd and maybe you could make mp3s of it?

i'd be down to do that and post em. pm me.