SALMA HAYEK'd on eBay

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Any of you get Salma Hayak'd when selling an artist's record on eBay?This happens to me from time to time most recently the drummer from Pookah.

Comments

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    the crowly graemlin is fucking hot fire. I hope Chris gets in here-i know he has a couple dope incidents recently.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Never understood the Hayek reference. Please to explain? Does it mean an artist wanting to buy a copy of their own record or are they asking you to not sell it?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Never understand the Hayek reference. Please to explain? Does it mean an artist wanting to buy a copy of their own record or are they asking you to not sell it?

Various people have been talked about (ex: AP) and then they suddenly show up on the board. The hope is that Hayek will bless us with her presence if we talk about her enough.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I got this one when I was in Japan;

Hello..

James Mason here... I found your listing on ebay for Susto. Thank you for the mention. there are so many great musicians on that recording I am honored that you give me such prominent mention. I assume that you are also aware of my (old/classic) album Rhythm of Life...

I am not really much in the music business any more. I only play very rarely. I was in Tokyo last year just as a tourist. I tried to make contact with anyone associated in the music scene (I would love to perform in Japan) but I could not find any one.

Can you please write to tell me more about yourself and what you do?

Thanks

James Mason

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Gene Perla dropping knowledge during a Stone Alliance sale a few years back.
    IMG SRC=http://www.pmrecords.org/Graphics/013.jpg>
    P.S. Don Alias RIP

• selling a copy of RAY TABBS lp called "i love you", and was contacted by ray via email next day. he was super pissed off that i had listed the item RAY TABBS "i love you" PENNY GOODWIN. because penny wasn't on it- but mainly he was mad because it looked like it meant to say ray tabbs loved penny goodwin. what an herb.

also,

ray martinez got intouch with me after selling "seven seas" on GLADES on ebaY. he was shocked to see it. i pulled it from ebay and he bought it off gemm later when i listed it. i felt bad charging him $40 for his record, i did pay to get it (and have to watch sum guy fade a BBQ rib sandwich off a pile of dogged 12's). so didn't feel that bad.

also,

rare silk, of all groups contacted me when i sold a strange EP from them. because the group has no fanbase the member easily won the auction.

• I assume that you are also aware of my (old/classic) album Rhythm of Life...

No, I'm not aware of that record... perhaps you can send me a MINT SEALED original copy from your personal stock for me to check out? Thanks in advance.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    What's the deal with Pookah, did they release more than one album or form other bands? The Pookah album is a favorite of mine.

What's the deal with Pookah, did they release more than one album or form other bands? The Pookah album is a favorite of mine.

I'll ask. We exchanged phone numbers (nohomo).

Good to hear, I've asked some people about more info on Pookah but noone seems to know the real deal. Hope they've got some unreleased stuff tucked away somewhere...

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Good to hear, I've asked some people about more info on Pookah but noone seems to know the real deal. Hope they've got some unreleased stuff tucked away somewhere...

Id like to hear an instrumental version of their LP.

Id like to hear an instrumental version of their LP.

Well let's put it this way... the guy from Pookah is bidding on his own LP!

he told me has some clipped reviews from Billboard and a press kit... nothing major. We'll see though.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    usually people are in contact with the artist, then put their record on ebay.

in that order.

---

usually people are in contact with the artist, then put their record on ebay.

in that order.

---

Can we get a direct digger graemlin?

Well let's put it this way... the guy from Pookah is bidding on his own LP!

I'd gladly give him my sealed spare if I met him...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Any of you get Salma Hayak'd when selling an artist's record on eBay?

This happens to me from time to time most recently the drummer from Pookah.

the wife of the drummer from Supernaut contacted us via PM. we made some comment about how the guys in the band must've been stoned or something. she wasn't pissed, but added on.. apparently the guy has since gone bald.

private jazz guys seem to be the biggest e-stalkers.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i sold lyn collins [RIP] a copy of one of her albums back in '98... but i don't think it counts since it wasn't on eBay [it was in an actual store] and the album was on CD...

she was a sweetheart though... i think she said she was buying it for her nephew or grandson or sumthin... some younger relative that had never heard her stuff. i didn't really know it was her until she started talking about it... and how she used to sing with james brown & what not...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i sold lyn collins [RIP] a copy of one of her albums back in '98... but i don't think it counts since it wasn't on eBay [it was in an actual store] and the album was on CD...

she was a sweetheart though... i think she said she was buying it for her nephew or grandson or sumthin... some younger relative that had never heard her stuff. i didn't really know it was her until she started talking about it... and how she used to sing with james brown & what not...

I had a dude buy the Delfonics CD from the store I work at one time. I told him it was one of my favorite discs, and he told me he was their keyboard player (during the classic era).

Two weeks ago I met a guy from Little Boy Blues at the shop. He doesn't perform on the LP - BUT he told me he was in prison for half a day and heard the BLACK ALBUM playing so he knew they'd been "ripped off"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I had a dude buy the Delfonics CD from the store I work at one time. I told him it was one of my favorite discs, and he told me he was their keyboard player (during the classic era).

Two weeks ago I met a guy from Little Boy Blues at the shop. He doesn't perform on the LP - BUT he told me he was in prison for half a day and heard the BLACK ALBUM playing so he knew they'd been "ripped off"

He was in prison and therefore missed the session, or he had to go to prison to experience Jay-z?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    He was in prison and therefore missed the session, or he had to go to prison to experience Jay-z?

LOL - the latter... I'm talking about an old white dude who was in a band in the 60s that Jay sampled

He eluded to there being a story behind why he wasn't at the LP sessions but never got around to it

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I once met one of the member of Cortex. I was bying a CD of the group (Anthology 72 - 84)

(...)

Wow! Just discovered this page: http://www.myspace.com/cortexunreleasedalbum