OG Czech Help (Hanged Man Related)

Tito_JesusTito_Jesus 10 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Could you do me a favor and tell me the difference of the og and the reissue. I believe i was hoaxed. Sniff-test is out of question. Cheers! Sorry that the first post is an ask-for-help post.

Comments

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Hanged Man - Bullet (Contour 2870 437), UK, 1975, stereo, original, Ex/Ex : ?? 80.00

LPCONT2870437 that seems to be the reish cat no.

Dunno if that helps....but i guess it should have a number somewhere on it. I dont own either but i'd sure like to.

• haych3haych3 20 Posts
    my mate paid 10p for this a few years back from a car boot sale...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Could you do me a favor and tell me the difference of the og and the reissue. I believe i was hoaxed. Sniff-test is out of question. Cheers!

Sorry that the first post is an ask-for-help post.

Dude your USERNAME IS ALL-TIME!!!!

WELCOME TITO JESUS! WELCOME.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    If it's on Contour, it's probably an o.g. - the reissue was on DC Recordings.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I feel like I've seen one of those exact repro Scorpio things around... maybe not?

But, like with all those, it should be real easy to tell the difference

I feel like I've seen one of those exact repro Scorpio things around... maybe not?

But, like with all those, it should be real easy to tell the difference

The DC Recordings one was actually a legit reissue. They licensed the masters from Yorkshire Television, who produced the TV series. I don't think I've ever seen a Contour o.g., at least not for a while, but I'm pretty certain it has a completely different cover to the DC version.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    That is correct, there is a different cover to the DC issue.

I too recall seeing a boot around, but a easily identifiable one.

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    Original looks like:

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts

Legit Reissue cover, from J Saul Kanes DC Recordings

Contour OG.

Not sure what the booty looks like but I seem to believe it was found more in North America as the OG isn't that hard to find in the UK. I picked up the third copy I've had for ??2 quid a month or so ago from a charity shop.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    And I still need a copy of this. I have the DC version, but, you know.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Contour OG.

Yeah, that has been booted...

Certainly was made for the US as that record barely exists here (I've never seen one)

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

Contour OG.

Not sure what the booty looks like but I seem to believe it was found more in North America as the OG isn't that hard to find in the UK. I picked up the third copy I've had for ??2 quid a month or so ago from a charity shop.

my DC reissue looks different. its in black and blue (no bobbi), rather than white as shown on your pic.

whats the deal ?

there were 2 copies sold on eBay (months ago) somewhere below US40 which is quite surprising.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I got a spare if anyone needs this and wants to trade...

• benjaminbenjamin 30 Posts
    my DC reissue looks different. its in black and blue (no bobbi), rather than white as shown on your pic.

whats the deal ?

that picture is of the DC 12" (think it had a Scratch Perverts remix on there...), the LP is a similar cover in blackand blue....

• Original looks like:

then this is og! Cheers!

Contour OG.

That DC picture is, I think, for the remix album. The regular DC version has a dark cover with light grey scaffolding and a white typeface.