edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Shit is really good. Seriously.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    gotta be the Soul Strut Factor??

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    "Tommy's on the late night"

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Why is that? I think they branched out more on this one than all their other records. I can see a few "PUTS Formula" type songs, but overall I'm *

Between "Flex Off", "Tuxedo Rap", "LA9X" and "The Brownout" shit definitely hangs with their other records. Shit, Thes shouts out Frank Lloyd Wright for Godness sakes and flips "Here My Dear" to great effect. What more do you want?

*this needs to be a permanent graemlin por favor

• iam still looking forward to get my copy.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Anyone heard the Ugly Duckling track 'Shoot your shot' with PUTS.
    Thats a hot track.

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts
    Right on. "Jamboree Pt. 1" is the joint. Phil Most Chill in the houuuuuse. Save one rib for dude.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Right on. "Jamboree Pt. 1" is the joint.
    certified PUTS banger.

Anyone heard the Ugly Duckling track 'Shoot your shot' with PUTS.
    Thats a hot track.
    sorry but this one is SCREAMING for a remake/remix.

• i dont really want to hate but i felt this was by far their weakest record and have liked each record less than the one before. on the upside i think the first one is pretty much perfect and the second one definitely has some good songs.

I think our first record is our weakest record, but then again, since we rap about what is going on in our lives that record is a reflection of some real late teenage stuff; buying beer with fake id's, going to class, etc. And, according to all-music its our weakest record too (). I mean, come on, that album was a breakbeat fiesta. Anyways, whatever. If you are looking at 30 Stepfather may sound a little different. If you are 25 OST may sound great. If you are 21 then ? is probably the best bet and so on.

Did you BUY it or steal it off the net? The artwork is a part of the record too Martin.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    its good enough for me to drive from miami to orlando to check out the live show in may
    i still cant believe yall aint doin a miami show... damn thats horrible

seriously dope record

• my dude superbrush was playing some of the new album the other night and every song sounded rilly good. looking forward to hearing the whole thing. nice work dudes!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Dudes: this album gets four drumsticks and a wing from me (out of a five drum stick scale)...finger lickin good BBQ sauce for real...

I gotta co-sign on Jamboree Pt.1...the "attitude" of the album is on point for me right now...so cool...more songs should attempt to embody the essence of a dope ass BBQ...I'm gonna play that one out, I can already tell.

I bought mine buddy @ Berkeley Amoeba.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Did you BUY it or steal it off the net?

pull ya......

I rike "Pass the 40" a lot, mostly because I didn't expect that from you dudes, w/ the synth.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Can't get this in the UK yet .

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Definitely a more mature album. I???m digging the absence of record talk, packaging is impressive, "More Than You Know" is my shit.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    "More Than You Know" is my shit.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i dont really want to hate but i felt this was by far their weakest record and have liked each record less than the one before. on the upside i think the first one is pretty much perfect and the second one definitely has some good songs.

I think our first record is our weakest record, but then again, since we rap about what is going on in our lives that record is a reflection of some real late teenage stuff; buying beer with fake id's, going to class, etc. And, according to all-music its our weakest record too (). I mean, come on, that album was a breakbeat fiesta. Anyways, whatever. If you are looking at 30 Stepfather may sound a little different. If you are 25 OST may sound great. If you are 21 then ? is probably the best bet and so on.

Did you BUY it or steal it off the net? The artwork is a part of the record too Martin.

age thing doesnt apply at all in my opinion. theres not really any mature subject matter (eat street, pass the 40, ect) on any of your albums, and when you did approach something a little heavier im pretty sure i grasped it. allmusic is a worthless website for reviews, at least for hip hop. i thought the beats were snoozers and the lyrics, well theyve never been the draw for me. and i would have bought it if i liked the advance like i do with all records.

Martin,

Why are you such a hater? Can't you be happy for Thes that he put out a new album? You really don't like ANY of the tracks? There are some dope joints on the new PUTS LP. I know you make beats and you think your beats are really hot, but what records have you done? You always come off very negative and hate on other peoples production. Maybe you should wait till you have some platinum records before you talk so much shit.

• [ If you are 25 OST may sound great.

doggie:

that's exactly why I love that record still. Quarter-life crisis/party animal/makin' rap music shit.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    well there 2 songs i liked somewhat. i dont think i come off nearly as negative as many other people on this board and i tried to back my first criticism with a compliment but whatever. i dont really see me making beats having anything to with anything. sorry to piss you off chan, you are a cool guy. i know for a fact theres plenty of other people on this board that hate the puts a lot more than me (i dont really hate them at all), but now that thes has shown up i guess they dont want to give their opinions.

When dude is dude AND an active poster here, and there's a paid advertisment for his album running across the top of the page, its best to keep the trashing to yourself or start a blog or something...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    well there 2 songs i liked somewhat. i dont think i come off nearly as negative as many other people on this board and i tried to back my first criticism with a compliment but whatever. i dont really see me making beats having anything to with anything. sorry to piss you off chan, you are a cool guy. i know for a fact theres plenty of other people on this board that hate the puts a lot more than me (i dont really hate them at all), but now that thes has shown up i guess they dont want to give their opinions.

Martin,

You did not piss me off, it's not my new record. I was just suprised at how negative the post was. Thes seems like a cool guy and he is a member of the soulstrut community. You should try to support the other cats on here and be a little more positive.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Thats kinda tricky though.... Does somebody posting here mean that you can't say you don't care for their music though? If Little Brother dudes started posting here would we be expecting all the NY HATTERS to stop hatting?

Personally, PUTS could put out a polka album and I would still buy that shit because THES is THAT DUDE. He let me sleep on his floor. His Karaoke game is unfuckwithable. He's just a nice guy. But he's also a grown-up. I'm sure he knows by now that when you put out an album you are opening yourself up to criticism. Better to let him deal with it than to tell everybody else to Shut Up.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Alot of people here used to talk shit about PUTS until Thes showed up, and then all of a sudden they shut the fuck up. Thats kind of a bitch move if you ask me... like, if you have something to say then say it, you know?

Wait till my album comes out. I got phone drops from the entire cast of the hit 80s show Head Of The Class. WORD.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Thats kinda tricky though.... Does somebody posting here mean that you can't say you don't care for their music though?

People can say whatever they want, but why would they want to? What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

• What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

Hours of Fun b/w The ability to make the work day go by faster.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Thats kinda tricky though.... Does somebody posting here mean that you can't say you don't care for their music though?

People can say whatever they want, but why would they want to? What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

The irony of that just knocked me out of my chair and down 2 flights of stairs into the middle of the street where I just got hit by a semi full of bricks!!!!!!!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

I specifically said "member of the community"... I am not opposed to hating on people that might better be described as "long-haired testosterone-deficient Bay area kufi models"

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

you mean besides Guzzo?

• What's to be gained by hating on a member of the community?

I specifically said "member of the community"... I am not opposed to hating on people that might better be described as "long-haired testosterone-deficient Bay area kufi models"

I'm rocking a 'lo cut for the spring..

GET FAMILIAR

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

The irony of that just knocked me out of my chair and down 2 flights of stairs into the middle of the street where I just got hit by a semi full of bricks!!!!!!!!!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Are any "chain" retailers selling this? I'm not close to an Ameoba or whatnot... more like BestBuy, Wherehouse, etc.

And Thes, you nailed the album-to-age comparison.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Are any "chain" retailers selling this? I'm not close to an Ameoba or whatnot... more like BestBuy, Wherehouse, etc.

And Thes, you nailed the album-to-age comparison.

my best buy had OST when it came out, so im guessing some would stock this one?

i need to buy it tomorrow, slept too late today. really looking forward to checking it out.